cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Damp/wet carpet

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
So have not covered fifth wheel yet, and had lots of rain, carpet on left side of slideout felt damp, then we got hit with heavy rain and now hand comes up wet on only that one side, I thought seal looked good on our 2004 wilderness lite, but maybe it comes in from around the moulding on it.
Gonna try figure it out, but will hope to get it covered soon as we are supposed to get some sun soon.
8 REPLIES 8

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the input, i at least got cover on and do have my three small heaters in

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
OK, I would climb up and look at the outer molding closely where it makes the 90 degree angle. I had one that had a big crack/opening where the vertical met the horizontal at the top corner. After sealing that up my damp carpet along the edge of the slide went away.

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
No it was in and I thought it was level but may be low at back

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
On my last one I found that problem stemmed from the mounding on the roof of the slide. BTW did you mention what position the slide was in, I assume out?

Bmach
Explorer II
Explorer II
+1

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
assuming you are level?
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
Take care of it right away! Water doesnt take long to do serious damage. Get it to the dealer so that they can properly seal it.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Door, windows, marker lights can all leak. If you want to know exactly where its leaking get a seal test done.