cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Insurance

Ev
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering has anyone had any experience with national general insurance I am putting my coach back on the road and I used to use progressive but i have a pretty good quote from national any thoughts would be helpful.
Ev
2002 Georgie Boy Landau 3402DS Ford V-10
13 REPLIES 13

diplomatdon
Explorer
Explorer
I have been with National General for 5 years, haven't had any claims but happy with their rates and especially like their storage policy. Phone them to tell them putting into storage and couple weeks later refund check shows up. Call them when want full coverage, Credit card # and fully covered again.

uallanman
Explorer
Explorer
I am a 1st time RV owner, a 2016 Bounder 35K. We made the decision to go with National General after comparing rates. We are so glad that we did!

Three days into our 1st trip ever we had an accident at a gas station. I was so upset that all of our plans were going to be ruined. Called in the accident right away and have nothing but good things to say about them. From the 1st agent who answered the call, to the process of taking pictures with their phone app, to talking with my assigned claim agent.

She worked with our travel plans for the day and recommended a Camping World near where we were staying. Before I even called them our agent had contacted them and started the process. So impressed.

By the end of that day we felt so much better and realized that we were going to be able to continue our dream.

I was also impressed on how fast the claim checks were being processed and how our agent kept us up to date.

I would highly recommend them...

Ev
Explorer
Explorer
Replying to Bob_nestor
Thanks good advice

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
johnwalkerpa1 wrote:
I have had National General for several years. Its the ONLY insurance I have ever had that has actually DROPPED in price from year to year. Not a lot, but I like it!

I have been pleased but...I also have never filed a claim...that is the true test of how good the coverage is and fortunately I have no experience in that area..

The Progressive RV insurance I have has dropped in price almost every year. This is even after I had a claim on a brand new RV that had full replacement coverage and was totally destroyed by an 18-wheeler.

But the thing to keep in mind about insurance is that there are a LOT of variables that go into determining price. State, location, crime, driving records, credit scores, drivers age, miles driven per year, type of use, vehicle age, size, type, condition, etc, etc. A good quote from one company for someone living next door means almost nothing for the quote you might get from the same company. Same goes for the service one might get from any one company. Best advice is to buy through a good local independent insurance agent and let them do the leg work on getting the best deal for you.

johnwalkerpa1
Explorer
Explorer
I have had National General for several years. Its the ONLY insurance I have ever had that has actually DROPPED in price from year to year. Not a lot, but I like it!

I have been pleased but...I also have never filed a claim...that is the true test of how good the coverage is and fortunately I have no experience in that area..

Ev
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies thinking Iโ€™m going with National

sehunter
Explorer
Explorer
I've had National General for about ten years and it's been under several different names in that time but the service has never waivered. Over this time I have had several claims and was never questioned or denied. As I said in another topic all my vehicles are covered for road side service for $1 each. I mean how hard is it to call a tow truck? You pay them and NG reimburses you.
Stan
2008 Bounder
38P, W24, 8.1L, 3 Slides
2019 tow dolly hydraulic brakes

WAFlowers
Explorer
Explorer
I pay less for my RV with National General than I pay for my toad with State Farm. I think I need to get them to quote car insurance!
Bill and Willemina Flowers
George, Sammy and Teddy (the dogpack)
2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2005 Keystone Monata 3400rl (5/21/11 to 9/9/17)
(Was in a 2000 Coachmen Catalina Sport 220RK)

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
I had been with Progressive for years, but after their last significant raise in my policy I searched around. National General gave me a much better rate. I also looked them up for ratings. They are in the top ten for RV insurance and are rated higher than Progressive.

Jq1953
Explorer
Explorer
I've used them twice after being hit by NG policy holders each time. I was so impressed with their claims service, I checked to see their price vs Progressive which I 'd had for thirteen years. They were much cheaper. So for the last two years I have been a policy holder.
Hope this helps.

Ev
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
National General is a good company. Have you quoted with Progressive recently?

No not yet just wanted some thoughts on national I had progressive before never had a problem.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I am insured by National General but havenโ€™t had a claim. Good rates.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
National General is a good company. Have you quoted with Progressive recently?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT