cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stainless steel sinks

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
Wanting to replace plastic sinks with stainless steel. Anyone do this and where can I look to buy one?

Oldcow
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra
18 REPLIES 18

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
Oldcow wrote:
...where can I look to buy one?

Oldcow

Home Depot

Lowe's

I have not seen any at the HD in my town in Canada but will look online.

Oldcow
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Oldcow wrote:
...where can I look to buy one?

Oldcow

Home Depot

Lowe's
Bob

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oldcow wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
Well we replaced our old plastic sink with a high quality Monen SS double bowl. I recall the cost was $140 as it is a heaver gauge SS. I can't find the post I placed with the part number

Old Sink

New Sink

Enlarging sink opening.

Finished project.

Exactly what we want. Let me know if you remember where you got it.

Oldcow

We did this same sink on our Creek Side. And we added an under sink Dualton 2 stage water filter. So it has an additional little faucet to deliver filtered water. That sink has much more space to wash pots and pans.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
Oldcow wrote:
westend wrote:
RV sized sinks are sold as bar top sinks in the retail market. Traditionally, they are smaller than a standard kitchen sink. That may not be true with your RV. Measure the size of your original sink and shop with those measurements.

FWIW, I restored both a polymer bath sink and a double bowl stainless in my trailer using rubbing compound and some sweat equity. They are now gleaming like new.

Milne seem to be shallower. I did some searching and did not find anything. I will hit the keyboard again tonight. This is now a project for next spring. What measurements do I take? The size of the hole of from lip top lip?

Oldcow

You want to use the overall measurements and the bowl size measurements. Here is a page of different stainless sinks: Moen sinks

Thank you I will check these out.

Oldcow
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Oldcow wrote:
westend wrote:
RV sized sinks are sold as bar top sinks in the retail market. Traditionally, they are smaller than a standard kitchen sink. That may not be true with your RV. Measure the size of your original sink and shop with those measurements.

FWIW, I restored both a polymer bath sink and a double bowl stainless in my trailer using rubbing compound and some sweat equity. They are now gleaming like new.

Milne seem to be shallower. I did some searching and did not find anything. I will hit the keyboard again tonight. This is now a project for next spring. What measurements do I take? The size of the hole of from lip top lip?

Oldcow

You want to use the overall measurements and the bowl size measurements. Here is a page of different stainless sinks: Moen sinks
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oldcow wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
Well we replaced our old plastic sink with a high quality Monen SS double bowl. I recall the cost was $140 as it is a heaver gauge SS. I can't find the post I placed with the part number

Finished project.

Oldcow

Well without being at my Trailer and looking at paper work This is as close as I can find. This is listed as "No Hole" for faucet, mine came as a single hole, and bought from Lowes for about $140 or so about 14 months ago.

sink
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
TKW wrote:
It is better to replace with a residential sink from big box stores. RV SS sinks are paperthin. I used to leave the dry-z-air container in the sink in my last TT. Some chemical droplets spilled over on the SS surface ate some pinholes through it.

Thatโ€™s what I plan to do if I can fins some.

Oldcow
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra

TKW
Explorer
Explorer
It is better to replace with a residential sink from big box stores. RV SS sinks are paperthin. I used to leave the dry-z-air container in the sink in my last TT. Some chemical droplets spilled over on the SS surface ate some pinholes through it.
2002 Chevy 1500HD Crew Cab, 6.0l
2013 Timber Ridge 240RBS
Prodigy Brake Controller

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
I used the lip to lip measurement to make sure there was enough depth on the countertop for a standard kitchen sink. I ended up with an Elkay single bowl. I still had to modify the rough opening and the cabinet frame to be able to put in the sink clips. The same was true of the bar sink I put in the bath.
After researching a bit online, I found both at HomeDepot.
For us, definitely worth it.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:

Oldcow
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:

Old Sink

New Sink

Enlarging sink opening.

Finished project.

Oldcow
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any big box SS sink that will fit in the opening will work. Just have to make sure you can tighten the faucet nuts from below, or install the faucet before you install the sink.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Before you remove the existing sink check the drain sizes and the availability of adapters and or replacement parts! RV'S are notorious for using odd sizes.

westend
Explorer
Explorer

'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton