cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

am i covered

thehippie
Explorer
Explorer
i accidentally hit a low lying branch on the left side of my trailer in an attempt to avoid a low lying branch on the right side of my trailer when pulling up near my campground site.

am i covered with my insurance?

27 REPLIES 27

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
Ask your INSURANCE agent, we don't know what coverage you have.
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
PastorCharlie wrote:
spoon059 wrote:
thehippie wrote:

After carefully reviewing your insurance policy, I can safely tell you that nobody can answer that question without carefully reviewing your insurance policy.

On a related note, my sister-in-laws truck has a flat tire. Was it a nail or a screw that flattened it?

It was a bad valve stem.

Spoon, she should have used nitrogen and truck was most likely overweight...
Inquiring minds want to know...

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many insurance companies have 24 hour customer services. You can usually file a claim online If it's Progressive, go to their website - create an account - look at your coverages. Do you see collision coverage ( you should if you have a loan), what is the deductible? Go from there. If you think the damage is more than your deductible you can file a claim online 24 hrs a day.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
thehippie wrote:

After carefully reviewing your insurance policy, I can safely tell you that nobody can answer that question without carefully reviewing your insurance policy.

On a related note, my sister-in-laws truck has a flat tire. Was it a nail or a screw that flattened it?

It was a bad valve stem.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok without a copy of your policy to read I can not tell if you are covered or not. IF you are still making payments then odds are good you are covered.

However as others have suggested if not outright stated. Get an Estimate on repairs.. You may be below the deductible in which case NOT filing is your best course of action.. Then ask your agent if it's covered or not. If it's below your deductible. Pay the man and get it fixed. IF it's like my engine (about 7 Grand OVER the deductible) Well that's why I have insurance.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Of course it would be covered unless you intentionally did the damage. JMHO
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most likely it was the tree's fault. I'd contact it's insurance company and file a claim. If the tree is uninsured, file an uninsured claim with yours....Good Luck...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
spoon059 wrote:
thehippie wrote:

Hahaha, squirrel!
Do I have it covered?
I love some of the questions on here. How exactly in the _____ would some random people know what your insurance policy says or what your deductible is?

The practical answer though, claiming against your collision policy, if you have one, would be silly even if you have zero deductible. Due to the claim hit on your record for a low dollar, easy, insignificant repair.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
PastorCharlie wrote:
Your deductible is probably more than the cost of the ladder.

+1
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
spoon059 wrote:
thehippie wrote:

After carefully reviewing Spoons review of your policy, I can confirm his determination :S

It was one of those steel S hooks from a rubber bungee.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
You should still call. They should have a Rep on duty. Allstate does. If they don't. Change Ins companies. Accidents happen on weekends, and at night too.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
thehippie wrote:

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those cheesy OEM ladders can be had for a $100 bill or less, and the labor to swap one out by insurance company labor numbers may be 1 hour at most. So if you're carrying a 0 deductible policy file a claim, if your deductible is $250 or more, you're paying out of pocket regardless.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I can file a claim and talk to a rep 24/7. Who's your insurance carrier??? ..Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG