cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing entry door window frosted glass with clear

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to replace the entry door window frosted glass with clear glass in our 2005 Northern Lite 10-2 CD. Have your done this? I found a kit advertised online but didn't find any user evaluations so don't know if the kit is worth buying.
14 REPLIES 14

whizbang
Explorer
Explorer
I have done this twice. The first time I had a local glass shop do it. The second time, I did it myself.

It was just enough of a PITA that I would recommend having a glass shop do it.

And yes, the view out is awesome. If you need privacy, get curtains or blinds.
Whizbang
2002 Winnebago Minnie
http://www.raincityhome.com/RAWH/index.htm

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I took my glass out and went to the local glass shop. They worked with me and we selected a bronze security one way glass. I can see out, but others can't see in. Works GREAT!

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
I like it, thanks. I'll keep that solution in mind.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
stevenal wrote:
neschultz wrote:

I screwed a narrow piece of 1/8โ€ thick Al bar to the bottom of the shade so I can put it up and down from inside w/o opening the door.

Can you post a picture?

Iโ€™m gonna try!

Click For Full-Size Image.

Click For Full-Size Image.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
A video of several upgrades I made including the replacement of the rear door glass. I ordered a piece of tempered glass cut to size which ran about $25 and then had a window tinting company film it to 22% for another $20. You can see the results in the video. I also added a roller blind on the inside of the cabin that can be accessed with both doors closed. The window upgrade starts around the 7 minute mark in the video.

Phase 2 of the Camper Upgrades

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
neschultz wrote:

I screwed a narrow piece of 1/8โ€ thick Al bar to the bottom of the shade so I can put it up and down from inside w/o opening the door.

Can you post a picture?

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
stevenal wrote:
deltabravo wrote:
neschultz wrote:
...or get This

The above is what I did. It shows the basic install/removal on and RV door window, which is straight forward.

The one I did on my AF 811

The one I installed on my Nash

Note that the shade is blocked by the screen door, and not reachable from inside when the door is closed.

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
deltabravo wrote:
neschultz wrote:
...or get This

The above is what I did. It shows the basic install/removal on and RV door window, which is straight forward.

Note that the shade is blocked by the screen door, and not reachable from inside when the door is closed.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
neschultz wrote:
...or get This

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
RV parts stores have just the replacement glass if that's all you want.

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
I went the other way. Couldn't believe BF made the effort to provide privacy all the way around, except for the rear door window. A little frosted film and all is well. Can still see out the back by opening the blind on the other rear window by the dinette. And if we sell it to an exhibitionist, the film is easily removed.

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
You can do what jimh425 said or get This

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did this on my Class C and a few others have too, one with a Truck Camper and with curtains .

Click Here for that thread.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
The rings around the glass are relatively easy to take off with only a few screws. Measure it and go to a glass provider. It should be made out of tempered glass.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member