cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dash heat and A/C in 2004 E450 not blowing

jillhop
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Sunseeker Class C on a 2004 Ford E450 chassis, purchased used about one year ago. Initially the heat or AC would blow intermittently from the dash and/or floor vents (defrost works) but on my last trip it has stopped blowing air completely from those locations. I remember researching this last year and seeing some references to a disconnected vacuum hose known to cause this issue in E450s, but I can't find those references now. My rig is going to the mechanic for some work and I am going to ask him to look at this, but if I can give him some guidance that would be great. Thanks!
Dog shows, racing and lure coursing with whippets!
My first RV, 1998 Coachmen 22RK, Ford E350 V10 Triton
9 REPLIES 9

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Does the fan run but no air comes out, or is the fan not running at all?

If the fan isn't operating, the failure more likely is in the switch or resistor (which may be a single part containing bothโ€”I don't know offhand how Ford does it for the E series). That is a very simple and straightforward fix usually assuming the part isn't completely buried.

If the fan is operating but air is coming out of the wrong places, the vacuum problem is very likely to be the cause.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if the vacuum leak was caused from rodents chewing on the rubber tubing.

ronfisherman
jillhop wrote:
Thanks for the input! I will pass it on to my mechanic.

ronfisherman, I thought that I had hit "submit changes" but went in and did it again. This is the test. ๐Ÿ™‚

If it did not take this time. Check to see if size of picture is too big.
Check out this help thread for profile and signatures.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a new vacuum reservoir and check valve. Then mounted it inside the fender well with double sided tape.
Be sure to use only Genuine Ford parts.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

jillhop
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input! I will pass it on to my mechanic.

ronfisherman, I thought that I had hit "submit changes" but went in and did it again. This is the test. ๐Ÿ™‚

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
LINK

2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

ronfisherman
jillhop wrote:
Hmm that is my old MH in my signature line... I edited but I guess it didn't take! ๐Ÿ™‚

Did you hit submit changes at bottom fo page?
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same thing happen with our 2003 E450 on our last trip two weeks ago. I had the same thing happen with our 2003 E450 on our last trip two weeks ago. I found this UTube Video that was posted about the same problem with a 1997 E350. After watching the video I found that the run of the vacuum line in our E450 is the same as the video shows. That's as far as I got to date, but I believe the break or leak in the vacuum line is in the hidden section mentioned in the video. In any case the bypass repair made by the person who posted the video is an easy DIY to do if I can't find the actual leak point.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚

jillhop
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm that is my old MH in my signature line... I edited but I guess it didn't take! ๐Ÿ™‚