cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1994 American Eagle approx value

Class_A_DP_1
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen so many of these threads but yet here I go. Sorry, NADA is really of little use on these older coaches.

I am considering a 94 American Eagle, no slides, fair condition at best. It is not a well preserved garage queen. It has been outdoors but no delam or visible leak stains inside anywhere. 120,000 miles. Starts and runs good, generator runs and produces voltage. Body in decent shape except for the little bit of A/E logo vinyl graphics and a single 3/4" pinline that was used as a paint stripe separation. Glass all ok, power front windows need attention (weak and sticky). Tires old, batteries all new. porch and window awnings are done, need replaced. All hydraulics (jacks and genny slide) work but seem a little sluggish. Inside it looks 1994.. we have to change out the purple carpet, and a few furniture pieces. cabinets and all house stuff need minor repairs. Flourescent lighting all needs repair or updated to LED.

It starts fine and airs up. I hear no hissing anywhere under the coach. Bags seem to hold fine.

It has a mid entry and I kinda hate that but I can compromise for the savings of an old coach. All of the work I see that it needs is stuff I can do. If I have to take it to a chassis or diesel shop and end up with a 10,000 bill that will kill me obviously but I have some level of confidence with it. It rides so smooth. Stearing tight, no slop.

Seller is at 15K firm. After my accounting of the parts and stuff, I'd feel much better at 10K. I'd like to enjoy it a couple years and either trade out or sell it for close to my total cash outlay if possible. NADA is way down of course.. like 8K approximately, and they are likely assuming it doesn't even need all that it does at that price. At 10K I think I can do this, What do you folks think about that price?
Prevost XL40 Country Coach Conversion
22 REPLIES 22

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Man in Croften is back in town and said I could give you his number. It is a 99 Eagle and I think you can steal it. I will PM you his number

Class_A_DP_1
Explorer
Explorer
Perfect. Many thanks.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Its not advertised----he is out of town right now but as soon as he oks it I will PM you his phone number.

Class_A_DP_1
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
Man in Crofton has a 99 Eagle that can probably be bought for that money.

My searches are coming up empty for Crofton area? Would like the info. Thanks.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
the one I mentioned in Crofton, MD is only 20--25 mi from him and worth a look.

Bruce_Brown
Locally there is a 1998 Newmar Dutchstar DP for sale, 80,000 miles, one slide, and new tires. I'm pretty sure that could be bought for $15,000 - and it has seen regular use.

To me that seems like a much better value.

I see the OP is in Washington DC so it's only about 6 hours away.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

11178adm
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know the value but I have had a 94 eagle for four years.
By todays standards it is pretty basic, the only computer control is for the Allison trans. A big factor in owning a older rig is your ability and desire to do a lot of the maintenance yourself as labor rates at a lot of shops are $150+ per hour. so far the biggest expense has been the brake system for the toad, air bags (not leaking just age) 6 new Toyos, $1800 tires only mounted myself. the last 3 years it goes to az with a f150 with a Polaris xp900 strapped to it. it's not fast in the mountains but I can usually fall in behind a slower 18 wheeler and back off a little, on more level ground according to Oklahoma HP it will go at least 76 mph. if it will fit your needs and you spend 10k and another 6k to get it road worthy, use it for 2-3 years and give it away it would still cost you less than the depreciation on a new one when you drive it off the lot.

good luck with whatever you decide

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Man in Crofton has a 99 Eagle that can probably be bought for that money.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
I'd never buy an RV that old. Anyway, try walking away from the deal and see how firm the seller is.

So I am guessing that my 1988 Prevost would never be on your radar despite it carrying an insurance value of nearly $90,000.

I go through this every time someone posts that they're buying a new Thor. You just can't fix it.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
I'd never buy an RV that old. Anyway, try walking away from the deal and see how firm the seller is.

So I am guessing that my 1988 Prevost would never be on your radar despite it carrying an insurance value of nearly $90,000.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder what condition the fan belts are?
All coolant hoses soft or cracking.
Brake air line hoses cracking.
Power steering hoses soft or cracking.
Air bags showing cracks.
Whatever else.......
Could do motor oil analysis. Same for rear end and transmission.
Any looseness/play with the u joints. got to check both ways.
Breakdowns on road, tow bills.
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

Class_A_DP_1
Explorer
Explorer
Really appreciate the advice. Hobby it may be. Hahah

I will be offering the 10 and truly am free of care whether I hear back from the seller.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Offer 10K in person (if you feel it's worth that to you)....if the seller is not willing.... have 10K in $50 or better yet $20 bills in your pocket, pull them out and ask are you sure? If not walk. Despite the condition it has 120K miles and is 24 years old.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
At that age, itโ€™s all about condition and appearances.

This one sounds more like a hobby. $4K of tires right off the bat. Ever had bags replaced?

Too many ifs.

Iโ€™d keep looking.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.