cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suburban Oven Not Lighting

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to know how common it is to have to replace a thermocouple in an RV oven.

My pilot will light, but as soon as I release the knob and try to turn the oven on, the pilot goes out. It doesn't matter how long I hold the knob in and heat the thermocouple. I believe the thermocouple needs to be replaced, but it seems like a fairly unusual thing to me.

(All other gas appliances work perfectly, including all three burners on the cooktop.)

Have any of you had to replace this?

Is there a different cause I should be considering?

Thanks,

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
3 REPLIES 3

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
OP here.

I ordered a new thermocouple and installed it this week. Pretty simple job. The oven works perfectly now.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
I fought mine for 11 years. You need to hold the knob in for at least a minute. If you feel there is a problem, take a piece of fine steel wool and polish the thermalcouple bulb. Also you can carefully move it a bit closer to the flame.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Some oven valves have integrated thermal couples and thermostats.
Check here for your exact model to see which you have.Laurelhurst distributors

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker