cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Middle of June weather in Yellowstone

leesan
Explorer
Explorer
Going to Yellowstone next year around middle of June. Would like to know what kind of weather can you expect at that time of year.
17 REPLIES 17

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
leesan wrote:
Going to Yellowstone next year around middle of June. Would like to know what kind of weather can you expect at that time of year.

Weather is Almost Perfect, but the Crowds are getting Worse every Day.

Only way to know the weather is to walk outside and look/feel - if you don't like it - don't worry it will Change. - ๐Ÿ™‚

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
This year was abnormally wet in YNP. When we were there in early July this year(2018), all the rivers were out of their normal banks.

The temperatures ranged from the upper 60's during the day, to upper 30's at night.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
THats about right we have been there 4 or 5 times in the June/July time frame. It's cool, after all it is at 8000 ft. And unpredictable, we got snowed on twice during different Julys. But the snow doesn't last, or it didn't those times.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

DelawareDead
Explorer
Explorer
Also heading out there next summer arriving on July 3rd and departing on July 10th so this thread is certainly helpful for me as well.
Rich
2016 FR Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8288WSA
2017 F-350 6.7L Lariat Longbed

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

Ramp_Digger
Explorer
Explorer
We were there early June this year for a week. left about the 12th, first 4 days were warm about 65 highs and 35 lows. Then it rained in the valleys and snowed about 5 inches at higher elevations with high of 32 the day we left. So be prepared for any thing and you will have it covered. ON note we were there in August tent camping in 1977. It snowed 12 inches in old Fateful area but had all melted the next day.
05 dodge 3500 cummins diesel, 8.5 alaskan on flatbed

Mote
Explorer
Explorer
We were there this past June. Arrived on the 19th. The weather was great. Low 70's during the day and low 40's at night. Rained just a little each day. Saw a lot of Elk this time and a couple black bears. Have fun.
2005 Dodge 3500
2001 Lance 1030
2006 Cougar 29RL

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
RGar974417 wrote:
We were there in May 2106. The weather was nice. High 50's low 60's and sunny during the day. High 30's low 40's at night. No snow.

LOL a time traveler, probably came back to YNP to see it before the future eruption, future to us that is, eruption destroyed the park....heh

OOOOOOOOOOOOOPs! 2016!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
Was there in June, 1984. There was still lots of snow on the ground and it was chilly.

?? 1984 ?? ๐Ÿ™‚ โ€ฆ. climate change!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
RGar974417 wrote:
We were there in May 2106. The weather was nice. High 50's low 60's and sunny during the day. High 30's low 40's at night. No snow.

LOL a time traveler, probably came back to YNP to see it before the future eruption, future to us that is, eruption destroyed the park....heh
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Was there in June, 1984. There was still lots of snow on the ground and it was chilly.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the national park's web site with weather information. Explore this site for lots of good information on roads, campgrounds, special alerts, opening dates, things to do, etc.

We all know how weather changes. There's no given. Bring warm clothes and blankets. Be prepared.

https://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/weather.htm
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Yellowstone weather page

I too was going to suggest checking historical weather information, so I tried this page, and it's a little finicky, so try this one instead. You may have to reenter the month. Highs in the 60's, lows in the 30's in June. Lovely camping weather!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
Usually nice by then its the beginning of summer. I'd worry about the crowds.