cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May be about to move from a fiver to a TT

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have had a 2006 Titanium fiver and as you may imagine it is getting worn down after probably traveling to most states and some of Canada over the years. We went out to look at CW 'big 2018 models" sale today and all the ones in their internet advert that interested us, were gone. We did see one interesting TT tho in our price range.

We left there and were passing another RV place and we pulled in to see what they have. What they had was a 2016 25Y Arctic Fox for a great price, roughly half of the new list price. It even has a Folbot strapped to the side, LOL. The salespeople had no idea what they had since Arctic Foxes are very rare down here. There isn't even a distributor in the State nor any neighboring states from the last time I checked.

I always wanted one, we would like to boondock more and this TT seems to fit the bill, it even has: a "Northwood Built, Independently Certified, Off-Road Chassis". Which would open up some backcountry camping.

Anyway if anyone has any comments about this unit or Artic Foxes in general I'd like to hear them. My introduction to them was the guy in the next site at Fishing Bridge who had one, gave us the penny tour and waxed long about their great features. He also tried to sell me m on Ram Trucks but I didn't want a truck that sounded like a Patton Tank...heh
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
30 REPLIES 30

dmatt
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. AF has always been on our radar and now it seems we are moving toward a TT so it is back in our search. I don't think you can go wrong with one.
2018 F150 FX4, 3.5 EB, max tow
2019.5 Lance 2375
Madison-the loveable old lady of the dog clan
Riley-our rescued Black Lab
Scout-the new crazy Australian Shepherd puppy

Our camping photos

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
FrankShore wrote:
Try looking at a Lance. The solar on the roof is prewired, there is also a "portable solar hookup on the side. Solidly built, 2 year warranty (made in Lancaster, CA) There are 2016 models available for sale on the Lance Owners of America Forum.

https://community.lanceowners.org/

Too late, I completed the purchase Friday. PDI is Wednesday.

I've been immersed in the details of solar panels, batteries and MPPT and PDC

Isn't Lance a Truck Camper? Or maybe they make TT too.

Congrats. You'll love your AF
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

FeatherFam
Explorer
Explorer
If they do not bugger things up in the next ten years, our retirement unit will likely be either a Northwood Mfg. or Outdoors RV product.

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
You will not regret it! I have no complaints about my 22H.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
FrankShore wrote:
Try looking at a Lance. The solar on the roof is prewired, there is also a "portable solar hookup on the side. Solidly built, 2 year warranty (made in Lancaster, CA) There are 2016 models available for sale on the Lance Owners of America Forum.

Too late, I completed the purchase Friday. PDI is Wednesday.

I've been immersed in the details of solar panels, batteries and MPPT and PDC

Isn't Lance a Truck Camper? Or maybe they make TT too.
Superbumper

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
2012Coleman wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Wow.. 10 pages of AF in search.
Give it a rest already. Maybe go wax your rig or something.

Or post something of even less significance like "better check the tongue weight and payload capacity of your truck on a CAT scale before buying a heavy AF trailer."
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Wow.. 10 pages of AF in search.
Give it a rest already. Maybe go wax your rig or something.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Whoops it's actually a Porta Boat
Superbumper

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
It even has a Folbot strapped to the side,

What the heck is a Falbot?

Arctic Fox has some very well built frames, built in house, unlike the Lippert junk that nearly all other manufacturers outsource their frames to.
Bob

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer

2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk båt - Dette må jeg se!

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
Well, except that the OP is asking about a 2016 model... so many of those posts will be about older units. Others will be utterly irrelevant to his question.
agesilaus wrote:
Anyway if anyone has any comments about this unit or Artic Foxes in general I'd like to hear them.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
drsteve wrote:
agesilaus wrote:
downtheroad wrote:
Let's see. What was the original topic?

We have an Arctic Fox 25Y.....really like it. Here is some feedback to the original poster:
If you are going off grid like you said, the 25Y has a lot of ground clearance. It is also pre-wired for solar if that interests you. The size and floor plan is really good for two people. It is a solid, well built trailer.

I was wondering about the solar, what does pre-wired mean, does it already have a solar converter or does this mean it just has wiring to the roof?

I think it just means wire, nothing else.

Well that will still be a big help.
Superbumper

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Age post what ever you want, that's what this is for! Or maybe just close the forum and have nothing but searchable archive posts. 🙂
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
agesilaus wrote:
As for heavy, we have a F-350 so I doubt we will even notice 6500 pounds behind the truck, or 10000# for that matter. I think we'll put a topper on the truck and that will recover a lot of lost storage space, we haven't been storing that much in the fiver basement anyway. Sewer stuff in a tub, barbecue grill and some folding chairs mainly. All of that will go in the back of the truck with lots of space left over.

Seen those roll out shelves? My buddy has one and it extends the entire length of the bed so stuff up front comes all the way out; no crawling over stuff.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.