Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Propane tanks
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/19 05:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hawkeye-08 wrote:

My Dad laughed at me when I told him I keep one tank turned off, that I manually switch over when one runs out, even though I have an automatic changeover gizmo.

time2roll wrote:

No thanks. After a few times swapping tanks in the middle of the night I installed an automatic and life has been wonderful ever since.

That will change the first time you run both tanks dry in the middle of the night. [emoticon]

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoundGuy wrote:

hawkeye-08 wrote:

My Dad laughed at me when I told him I keep one tank turned off, that I manually switch over when one runs out, even though I have an automatic changeover gizmo.

time2roll wrote:

No thanks. After a few times swapping tanks in the middle of the night I installed an automatic and life has been wonderful ever since.

That will change the first time you run both tanks dry in the middle of the night. [emoticon]

If he is using that much propane, it won't matter whether it is manual transfer or automatic. The manual transfer just makes him get up twice, once to transfer to the second tank, and again to cuss because he ran both tanks dry.

Bobbo, Linda and the furry kid (45 pound rescue)
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/19 09:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoundGuy wrote:

Don't count on that.
I would simply buy and carry two additional 30# cylinders if that became an issue.

And yes I have camped in the cold and burned some serious propane. If the regulator is checked at least once a day in harsh conditions you just don't run out.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS