cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shameless Plug for a RV Shop...

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Here in Burns, Oregon to visit my home base VA Clinic for my yearly inspection and once again visited The Truck Shop, in Hines, Oregon. Just a couple miles outside of Burns on the main road.

I had them do my yearly Cat 3126e Diesel RV service again and it went fine. They changed the oil and filter, lubed the chassis, checked all fluid levels, and did all the regular stuff you'd expect. Fixed the sticking air tank water drain lanyards. The flat rate is $195 (hourly repair rate is $92) for that and I guess that included the oil because they didn't charge me extra for the 20 qts of 15W-40 Synthetic Blend oil. Rotella. Best to ask though. I did have them check a couple other things that added time and had them change the air filter (not sure when the last time it was changed) so my entire bill was $228 but I was happy with not having to do it myself. I had the air filter drop shipped to their shop ($108 for a Wix filter). The Truck Shop reviews...

That link features my RV. Note that they do not have a web site and are unlikely to do so, so no way to email them presently. Funny.

I really like this shop, Mike the owner is very knowledgeable about RVs. Corrie did the work on my rig and I appreciated that he listens and does a thorough job. Last year when I had some work done here there weren't any online reviews of the shop but now there are 3 (one of them is mine) by RV'ers and all are 4-5 stars.

There's a nice RV park, The Burns RV Park in Burns I've stayed at before but this time in town, I'm staying at the Sands park in Hines. This park is less expensive ($22/night, $132/week) and closer to the shop. Only 10 spaces of which 6 are pull though, WES and most are 30 amp (my spot is 50 amp). Large dry camping area. No OTA TV or cable so satellite is the way to go. The owner let me work on the Wifi system so that's working pretty good now, but this is a CenturyLink DSL town so it's still not 'streaming' great. Trees aren't an issue if using satellite. Right across the highway from a golf course. $30 for a round with golf cart. Exhausting with a good workout as there are lots of par 4 & 5 holes.

So if you're passing through eastern Oregon and need some RV work, might give the The Truck Shop in Hines a try.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.
3 REPLIES 3

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
Entire bill only $228? That was a deal for sure.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
post your Shameless Plugs here

RV SERVICE REVIEWS

RV PARK REVIEWS
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the heads up - wish it was closer to PDX.
Kevin