cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hermosillo Bypass OPEN!!!!

Talleyho69
Second hand from friends who took it last week.

It's labeled Periferico Oriente / Mexico 15 and starts just past the toll both before you get to town when you are heading south.
12 REPLIES 12

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Mex. The HMO toll booth is where many travelers and many semis turn onto what is called the mine road. That intersection has a stop sign mounted to a piece of steel. Often it is not there. No street lights at that corner. Imagine a road that intersects with 15 and no stop sign. A fatal accident is bound to occur.

Moisheh

Mountaineer42
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69 wrote:
Second hand from friends who took it last week.

It's labeled Periferico Oriente / Mexico 15 and starts just past the toll both before you get to town when you are heading south.

I have confirmation from 3 different people who travelled this area in the past few days that THE HERMOSILLO BYPASS IS NOT OPEN.
As I said before, I think someone is a bit mixed-up in reporting this as being open.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
A simple white pavement stripe would help drivers see a rusted stop sign, but not a badly faded 55 gallon drum lid set well up in the branches of a tree.

Mexico must have 500,000 sideways chevron curve delineation signs, but not one stop ahead sign

Or how about the small white ALTO TOTAL signs pinned below the octagon red signs?

Or small signs pointing out non nondescript villages further than un announced big towns.

Ever see one way traffic circle clockwise around a plaza or zocalo? I've seen traffic enter a zocalo, circle all the way around and exit 150 from the entrance. Build a shortcut long before the zocalo? That would be sinful to not be forced to pass by the alcalde's hardware store.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Note from five or six posts above )

NOTE HOW THEY CONVENIENTLY

Erect signage WELL AFTER the turnoff?
This is why I advise newbies to carry a pair of 8x35 binoculars for the co-pilot's use.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Have any one off you noticed that most signs in Mexico are behind 60 feet or more from where you have turn off in ordre to use that exit, or simply not there at all, and by the time you actually read the sign you already missed the exit?

Just a small note on life in Mexico, also practically no street signs with the names, if they do have some they are tiny and meant fo giants of more than 12 feet tall and excellent vision, look for the signs on the second floor if there are any.

navegator

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It was the denial that got me searching on the internet. The photo with the signs for Morecheeze and Obregon was proof enough then more images showing bridge structures many months away from completion dogpiled the notion the images were for Hermosillo. No Way Jose. I would like to see some images of the now working bypass. Before someone in SCT got their head un cross threaded the entrance to the toll section north of Morelia had a person headed for Tepic instead of Irapuato.

Talleyho69
Our friends claimed to have used it last week.

Alison_and_Neil
Explorer
Explorer
Yes.....they have finished the Southbound ramp North of Obregon
This was noted on another site from someone who used it going South recently
Hopefully the Hermosillo bypass s close to completion?!?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I'm an optimist...

Any bypass around Obregon, Mocheese, or Navojoa would be a blessing. Puerto Vallarta sticks in my craw. Acapulco gets sweetened a bit by the well run Costco there.

It takes about three or so months for reinforced concrete to dry. The process of road building in Mexico is a study in Laurel & Hardy (El Flacco Y El Gordo). The paint crew might show up after the bott's dot firm sticks the hemispheres to the pavement. OH WAIT! We forgot about the concrete diversions and boulder catching ditches. Waddya mean there's no ocher paint for the bridge railings?

NOTE HOW THEY CONVENIENTLY

Erect signage WELL AFTER the turnoff?
This is why I advise newbies to carry a pair of 8x35 binoculars for the co-pilot's use.

Mexico IS modernizing. But in the rate and fashion unique to Mexico. What would we do...

If high clearance vehicles didn't have to negotiate under the obligatory arch at entrances to RV parks?

Mountaineer42
Explorer
Explorer
Mex, that picture is of the north entrance to the Ciudad Obregon bypass. We took that new route on the way home last spring. This thread is about the Hermosillo bypass which is DEFINITELY NOT OPEN YET.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

The image shows the exit signs up for a cuota a long long way south of Hermosillo maybe that's what caused the confusion.

The other images show a highway almost one year away from completion. I wonder when they were taken? By whatever custom, images of casetas de cobros are just about the last images to be published.

Mountaineer42
Explorer
Explorer
I think somebody may have things a bit mixed up here. Here's a link to an article on El Imparcial.com (with pictures) that shows the bypass being months away from completion. The article is dated Sept 12, 2018. Hermosillo Bypass Maybe the photos are old ones, but all of the articles on El Imparcial indicate this is not completed and won't be open till at least the end of November.

I'm really looking forward to this being open, as I hate driving through Hermosillo, but I think the announcement that it is open is a bit premature.