Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Hermosillo Bypass OPEN!!!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Hermosillo Bypass OPEN!!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/18 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Second hand from friends who took it last week.

It's labeled Periferico Oriente / Mexico 15 and starts just past the toll both before you get to town when you are heading south.

Mountaineer42

In the mountains

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/18 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think somebody may have things a bit mixed up here. Here's a link to an article on El Imparcial.com (with pictures) that shows the bypass being months away from completion. The article is dated Sept 12, 2018. Hermosillo Bypass Maybe the photos are old ones, but all of the articles on El Imparcial indicate this is not completed and won't be open till at least the end of November.

I'm really looking forward to this being open, as I hate driving through Hermosillo, but I think the announcement that it is open is a bit premature.

* This post was edited 10/09/18 12:16pm by Mountaineer42 *

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/18 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

The image shows the exit signs up for a cuota a long long way south of Hermosillo maybe that's what caused the confusion.

The other images show a highway almost one year away from completion. I wonder when they were taken? By whatever custom, images of casetas de cobros are just about the last images to be published.

Mountaineer42

In the mountains

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/18 01:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mex, that picture is of the north entrance to the Ciudad Obregon bypass. We took that new route on the way home last spring. This thread is about the Hermosillo bypass which is DEFINITELY NOT OPEN YET.

* This post was last edited 10/21/18 09:49am by Mountaineer42 *   View edit history

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/18 02:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm an optimist...

Any bypass around Obregon, Mocheese, or Navojoa would be a blessing. Puerto Vallarta sticks in my craw. Acapulco gets sweetened a bit by the well run Costco there.

It takes about three or so months for reinforced concrete to dry. The process of road building in Mexico is a study in Laurel & Hardy (El Flacco Y El Gordo). The paint crew might show up after the bott's dot firm sticks the hemispheres to the pavement. OH WAIT! We forgot about the concrete diversions and boulder catching ditches. Waddya mean there's no ocher paint for the bridge railings?

NOTE HOW THEY CONVENIENTLY

Erect signage WELL AFTER the turnoff?
This is why I advise newbies to carry a pair of 8x35 binoculars for the co-pilot's use.

Mexico IS modernizing. But in the rate and fashion unique to Mexico. What would we do...

If high clearance vehicles didn't have to negotiate under the obligatory arch at entrances to RV parks?

Alison and Neil

Sechelt,BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 06:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes.....they have finished the Southbound ramp North of Obregon
This was noted on another site from someone who used it going South recently
Hopefully the Hermosillo bypass s close to completion?!?

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our friends claimed to have used it last week.

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 07:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was the denial that got me searching on the internet. The photo with the signs for Morecheeze and Obregon was proof enough then more images showing bridge structures many months away from completion dogpiled the notion the images were for Hermosillo. No Way Jose. I would like to see some images of the now working bypass. Before someone in SCT got their head un cross threaded the entrance to the toll section north of Morelia had a person headed for Tepic instead of Irapuato.

navegator

San Diego CA.

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 08:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have any one off you noticed that most signs in Mexico are behind 60 feet or more from where you have turn off in ordre to use that exit, or simply not there at all, and by the time you actually read the sign you already missed the exit?

Just a small note on life in Mexico, also practically no street signs with the names, if they do have some they are tiny and meant fo giants of more than 12 feet tall and excellent vision, look for the signs on the second floor if there are any.

navegator

MEXICOWANDERER

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Note from five or six posts above )

NOTE HOW THEY CONVENIENTLY

Erect signage WELL AFTER the turnoff?
This is why I advise newbies to carry a pair of 8x35 binoculars for the co-pilot's use.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Hermosillo Bypass OPEN!!!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS