cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st desert trip of the season

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
We were excited to hit the desert for the first time this season with a compete new setup. Stealth TH and Rzr 900 4 - we sold off the rzr 800 🙂 met up with Mpoulsen at Cuddeback.

Saturday Am sunrise

Camp all to ourselves

Pit stop on our way to husky monument

Saturday nights Dinner for the crew. Lobster season started
October 1 so me and buddy went out Thursday night and got our limits.

Saw the launch in Palmdale in the del taco parking lot, reminder; never stop in the hood at night :E
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
16 REPLIES 16

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
mrw8i wrote:
Yes, east on BM6381. Inscription Canyon. It's not on the FOJ map - it's east of there. I literally have to use Google Maps to find it. I follow the dirt roads I see on Google Maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Inscription+Canyon/@35.1987493,-117.1937396,117m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5...

(MOD'S EDIT: Made your link clicky)
Thanks for this. I'll be spending Thanksgiving in the area with my cousins.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
We had a great time again with you guys!!! Dinner was great! it is amazing how sometimes you eat better when camping,Sunday night we let my Mother drive the Yamaha, Wow, it was great Mom driving after a stroke and twenty years later!! New Year for sure with June!!

Always a great time with good friends and great food.

You’re a great man Michale, taking mom out camping and having her drive the Yamaha.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
Very nice, heading to Teagle Wash this weekend, just up the road. We were in Ridgecrest for a few days for our GP. Wasn't the weather great? Hope you got the rain Saturday evening, made for some epic conditions Sunday morning.

Yeah we got the rain on Saturday. Didn’t realize Teague wash around that mountain until we did some exploring the last time out in Cuddeback. We are starting to get more familiar with the area, my girls are starting to remember some of the markers. 🙂

TRIPLE8
Explorer
Explorer
We made it out to the canyon last year. There was a professor that has been studying that place for years and he gave us a tour, descriptions and the history of the place. It was awesome.
06 chevy silverado 2500 d-max
2013 Ford F350 DRW
2021 Host Mammoth
2007 KTM 525 EXC
2019 RZR Turbo S
2020 Yamaha MT-07
87 Suzuki Samurai (highly modified)

dedmiston
mrw8i wrote:
Yes, east on BM6381. Inscription Canyon. It's not on the FOJ map - it's east of there. I literally have to use Google Maps to find it. I follow the dirt roads I see on Google Maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Inscription+Canyon/@35.1987493,-117.1937396,117m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5...

That's Inscription Canyon. We just rode out there weekend before last. I like that ride.

I was surprised to see that the petroglyphs extend around the outer walls of the canyon. I discovered this when I walked out of rage to find the men's room.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
nayther wrote:
Very nice, heading to Teagle Wash this weekend, just up the road. We were in Ridgecrest for a few days for our GP. Wasn't the weather great? Hope you got the rain Saturday evening, made for some epic conditions Sunday morning.

Nice. We were planning to camp at Steven's Mine Rd. this weekend and ride out to the Trona Gem-O-Rama, but our group pooped out and we decided to stay home.

Have a good time!

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer

mpoulsen
Explorer
Explorer
We had a great time again with you guys!!! Dinner was great! it is amazing how sometimes you eat better when camping,Sunday night we let my Mother drive the Yamaha, Wow, it was great Mom driving after a stroke and twenty years later!! New Year for sure with June!!

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
mrw8i wrote:
Bet you're liking more power and better suspension.

I remember going across that lakebed soon after rains, very muddy, didn't want to stop, afraid I might not get out. I've also seen it deep in water. Other times, just dust.

You are really close to the Black Canyon Petroglyphs - keep heading east past Husky monument, then south a few miles. You need to check it out next time you camp at Cuddleback.
loving the bigger trailer too. The 900 power is much better.

We’ve been wanting to go see black canyon. So just keep going on BM6381? I navigate with the FOJ map offline through Avenza maps and it doesn’t show black canyon.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Class A DP 1 wrote:
Awesome! Nice toys, hauler, location, view, and dinner! Very cool. I live on the east coast but we do the desert a couple times a year too.
hey thanks! Where do you go ?

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Nice, thanks for sharing. :C

Anytime, enjoy sharing are camping adventures:C

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
Bet you're liking more power and better suspension.

I remember going across that lakebed soon after rains, very muddy, didn't want to stop, afraid I might not get out. I've also seen it deep in water. Other times, just dust.

You are really close to the Black Canyon Petroglyphs - keep heading east past Husky monument, then south a few miles. You need to check it out next time you camp at Cuddleback.

Class_A_DP_1
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome! Nice toys, hauler, location, view, and dinner! Very cool. I live on the east coast but we do the desert a couple times a year too.
Prevost XL40 Country Coach Conversion