cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Grey Wolf Shake Out

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just got back from a 4 day shake out in the SC Foothills. Great trip and a couple minor issues. The biggest was the AC, it worked great but the condensation water pretty much drained down the kitchen window and drop down for the outside fridge and ice maker, which meant I had to keep it closed. Some water would also travel down the gutter. My belief is this is not how the water should drain. When packing up I saw a hose at the back of the unit near the slide-out that makes me wonder if that is where the water should be going.

2nd issue, outside speakers suck, static and tinny. Indoor speakers sound great.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf
8 REPLIES 8

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
afidel wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
pbeverly wrote:
Finally had time this past weekend to pull out a ladder and study the situation. Where the water was coming down is where the two gutter pieces meet, and there was a gap. Put a little sealant in there so this should take care of the problem and the water should travel down the gutter. Will probably do the other side as well after I close the slide out back up.

Good Luck. What you will find next year is the chances of the factory installing the gutter and awning rails straight and true with the box are less than 0. They're not using laser levels or even string lines, its more of a slap it on by eye process as fast as Amishingly possible and you're going to go insane trying to get the condensate water to go where you want it to. Get some Xanax.:)

Never had an issue with mine, they always run off the extensions at the end of the gutter. Now the fact that the front extensions are right over the storage doors and so always drip on you when you're trying to get something from storage is a different problem, but the water coming out where designed is not an issue.

My Coachmen does the same thing.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ralph Cramden wrote:
pbeverly wrote:
Finally had time this past weekend to pull out a ladder and study the situation. Where the water was coming down is where the two gutter pieces meet, and there was a gap. Put a little sealant in there so this should take care of the problem and the water should travel down the gutter. Will probably do the other side as well after I close the slide out back up.

Good Luck. What you will find next year is the chances of the factory installing the gutter and awning rails straight and true with the box are less than 0. They're not using laser levels or even string lines, its more of a slap it on by eye process as fast as Amishingly possible and you're going to go insane trying to get the condensate water to go where you want it to. Get some Xanax.:)

Never had an issue with mine, they always run off the extensions at the end of the gutter. Now the fact that the front extensions are right over the storage doors and so always drip on you when you're trying to get something from storage is a different problem, but the water coming out where designed is not an issue.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
pbeverly wrote:

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
No dedicated tube from A/C for water, depends how you level camper to where it runs. You can change the path by camper raising or lowering slightly to change direction. I had a similar issue with a two peice gutter. I used a little bit of Dicor RV sealant to fill the gap in the gutter.

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
Am talking about AC on roof. I will admit, unit was not quite level side to side, it was fine front to back. I was assuming there was a dedicated tube or something for the water to run to a specific location. Coming down the gutters is acceptable. Where it is coming down is where the tarp is attached to the camper, right in the center. If the gutter is 2 piece, then that is where it is coming in, so perhaps some caulk/sealent take care of it.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new purchase and your maiden voyage. Yes, there is a learning curve (how well I know!) but each time you use your new camper, it will get easier and easier, and more familiar to you.

We got a new 5er just 2 weeks ago tomorrow (Tuesday) after a life-time of travel trailer use and ownership. The learning curve has been a 2 week gauntlet of mystery, overcoming situations and learning things all over again. Between whacking my head, crawling around like a worm on my stomach or climbing all over my pick-up truck and the 5er like a jungle gym, it's slowly getting better.

Keep posting questions and comments on these forums. You'll get lots of tips and suggestions how to do things easier and better by lots of very seasoned RV owners of all sorts. Weed through the stuff that makes sense to you and fits your situation and just disregard the everything else. Folks on these forums are really great! Well ... some are just completely whacko, like me, but sometimes we do have a serious moment!

Congrats, and enjoy! It will get easier! It will!

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Unless you have a pitched roof the AC condensate is likely to run a different direction each time based on the leveling.

Or are you talking about the refrigerator condensate? Your post is a little confusing.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900