cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water filterr

ontariocamper66
Explorer
Explorer
Going to winterize my 2005 puma Planning to blow air through the city water. My question is do I have o remove my water filter canister or will air s blow through canister and continuue throughout the water lines
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Unless you have shutoff valves installed prior to the lines, yes, you will need to blow out the outdoor shower lines and hose/shower wand.

Jerry

ontariocamper66
Explorer
Explorer
if i dont use outdoor shower do I still need o blow out shower water lines

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not all water filter systems are the same so my experience may not be the same as yours.

My filter canister fills and empties from the top so it would never drain via gravity. However, if I blow out the system with 40 lbs of air pressure, it will empty the canister (and the water lines).
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

ontariocamper66
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Im thinking if possible I will just bypass water canister once I take off as it leaks a Little bit and since I bought in spring and parked it seasonal on city water I never even installed filter just the canister holding water

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
You can relieve pressure to canister on mine, by opening a faucet, but canister on mine will still leak a little, unless I also open the low points before removal.

Jerry

ontariocamper66
Explorer
Explorer
Ok Thanks now to get it off lol.Is it under pressure when full? after I disconnect city water and turn on tap will water drain from canister

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Remove the filter. Reinstal the empty canister. Blow out the lines. Add antifreeze as ypu deem necessary.