cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back up camera

ronday
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone mounted a back up camera on their truck then move it to the TC when loaded? Thanks Ron
2008 Chevy 2500HD D/A, Crewcab SB, Pullrite superglide
2011 Big Country BC 3250TS 33ft 5ver
2005 Fleetwood 26ft 5ver
2005 Sun Lite Truck Camper
Ron - 29 yrs HS Tech Teacher (ret) 24 yrs USN/USNR Chief (ret)
Sheila - 29 yrs HS Home and Careers Teacher (ret)
9 REPLIES 9

LosAngeles
Explorer
Explorer
Any plug and play cameras for a 2019 Ford F 350 that I can mount by the rear license plate?

As tailgate will be off.

Thx.

J.

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
I mounted two cameras on the camper neither is for loading / unloading the camper. One if for my stock back up camera system which I got from the Camera source listed above. The second I bought so that I can see my SXS trailer when it is behind my camper going down the road. Both are hard wired cameras and the review camera to see the SXS has isnโ€™t own 7โ€ screen I set on the console in the cab.
I painted a white line in the middle of the rubber mat in the box of the truck and put a thick black felt pen line in the middle front of the camper to align up with the white paint mark on the rubber mat. Itโ€™s works great until about the wheel wells, then your on your own, but you are 1/2 loaded by then.
Soup.

2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Only cam I have is on the back of the TC. I painted a 1" wide red stripe in the middle of the camper and I use that to align the unit in the truck. My back window opens and the seam (when closed) is dead center so I just align the red stripe with the window seal seam and it right on the beans.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Camera Source GM salt spreader camera, mounted under the TC bumper/step.

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a license plate mounted camera from camera source that uses the oem tailgate harness and the screen on the dash and it works well and I don't have to change anything with the tailgate on or off however with the TC loaded the license plate mounted camera is partly blocked so I bought a midrange wireless unit that works well and is mounted on the TC and also powered by the house batteries on the TC I should have gone with the wireless set up first but this setup works for us.
Mike
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

ronday
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply's. I figured I was going to get a second camera for the TC. Just got the camera so I have not wired anything yet. Sitting here in Alabama in the TC waiting for Hurricane Michael to go by then into Florida. Lots of time to think about things like back up cameras. Ron
2008 Chevy 2500HD D/A, Crewcab SB, Pullrite superglide
2011 Big Country BC 3250TS 33ft 5ver
2005 Fleetwood 26ft 5ver
2005 Sun Lite Truck Camper
Ron - 29 yrs HS Tech Teacher (ret) 24 yrs USN/USNR Chief (ret)
Sheila - 29 yrs HS Home and Careers Teacher (ret)

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use a http://www.camera-source.com camera. They sell adapters for OEM setups. That allows me unplug the tailgate and plug in the camera on the TC.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a wired backup camera for my 5th wheel with a monitor and long cable. I bought a 2nd camera for the TC and use the same cable and monitor. Works great. Bought from Amazon. All I have to do is run the cable from the truck into the bed then under the TC and up to the camera. Takes all of 2 minutes and the reception is great compared to the wireless ones.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer