cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Searsport Shores in Maine

LIGirlatheart
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone been there & how would u rate it. Looking for a nice waterfront site to park for 10 days in June 2019. Any inputs?? I heard it was a nice waterfront camping park. Searsport Shores Oceanfront RV Park in Maine.
3 REPLIES 3

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Amy and I have a great advantage when going to Maine, our very close friends live about 15 miles from Bar Harbor and also have a TC so when we visit Maine, we have built in tour guides that know all the 'good spots' to camp at. When there, we set the TC up in their back yard and visit.

Nothing about Maine is cheap but they sure have some fantastic resturants and the seafood is over the top...

Getting there from here (Michigan) is always a PITA though. Amy likes to go through upper NY State rather than across the Ohio pike and I80.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
One of the favorites of a friend of mine that does Maine every year. It is expensive but not totally out of line with other waterfront parks on the east coast. You may be bothered by Maine's infamous black flies in June, but they're not as bad along the coast as the are inland.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
When choosing my next camp site, I go to Google maps and use 3D option to "fly" over the area.
Never fail me.