cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Setting Up Husky Centerline TS

eflyersteve
Explorer
Explorer
I'm installing a Husky Centerline TS hitch with 800-1200lb bars. For those that have assembled and set up their own - did you feel the need to install the extra shims on the top bolt between the hitch 'head' and the shank? The instructions call for shims on the bottom (took 2 on one side and 1 on the other) but not the top. However there is an equal gap at the top that is taking a lot of force on the top cinch bolt to close up.

Thanks for any insight you guys want to share. We are heading out to pick up our new 2019 Freedom Express 204RD tomorrow. The dealer is installing the trailer side of things and perhaps they will have an opinion. Torque on those bolts are spec'd to 380lb-ft and I don't ant to have to take them off too often ๐Ÿ™‚
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 204RD
2011 F150 Super Crew FX4, 5.0L V8
Husky Centerline WD Hitch
2 REPLIES 2

eflyersteve
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. I installed per the instructions, hitched up appx. 4600lb trailer and pulled it to the first campground about 100 miles from the dealer. The tilt adjustment bolt had worked it's way lose (I watched the guy at the RV lot tighten things but I didn't recall him tightening the jamb nut). Even though it wasn't touching, the hitch never moved so the conical washers were doing their job! Tightened the bolt and jamb nut and towed it another 300 miles without any issues. Sway was non-existent. Other than being a little sluggish, it pulls really well. Very happy with the hitch so far.
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 204RD
2011 F150 Super Crew FX4, 5.0L V8
Husky Centerline WD Hitch

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed a Husky Centerline TS with 1200 lb bars on my 10k car hauler. I added the J washers on the bottom 3/4" bolt per instructions. The top 3/4" bolt has conical washers so no shims are needed the way I get it. Husky 1-800 may give you more input on that point.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides