Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Direct TV help
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Direct TV help

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
charwan

Dawsonville, Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 12:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

YC 1 wrote:

Read this

This man is very knowledgeable.

That post from KVH really does not answer the real question....What channels will be be able to receive. We know we will get "some" channels but no one has said which. The 101 likely does not have the capability to broadcast ALL the channels in any 1 package and even if they could, why would they? No need to duplicate channels on multiple satellites.

It's a long story about my Sat. my son lived in the basement with me working on his house. When he got done he moved back and call ATT to put his Service back in his house. The tech doing it talked him into putting WIFI service in. We were in Nashville two weeks later and they turned the receiver off. "It was his he had gotten it for us 2 years ago" We called to get it back on and they told us they couldn't because he had the WIFI service. Last Sun. they came back and took the WIFI out and put his old system back in and the next Mon. they turned my receiver back on. I have not use it but to verify it worked. However I will go out and pull my MH out of the garage and just see what is on it. By the way he works for ATT and my wife and I both retired from there.

N4FAP

charwan

Dawsonville, Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 12:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

YC 1 wrote:

Read this

That post from KVH really does not answer the real question....What channels will be be able to receive. We know we will get "some" channels but no one has said which. The 101 likely does not have the capability to broadcast ALL the channels in any 1 package and even if they could, why would they? No need to duplicate channels on multiple satellites.

Here's what I get on Sat. 101. All local channels 2 thru 69. 70 to 100. The movie channels are there but my son doesn't pay for them. We get them pay channels owned by ATT my son says but I don't know what they are. Don't get CNN but who cares. Get all the channels 349,364,351,359,357,356. That's Cspan, Fox, Fox Bus. MSNBC, CNBC There is more but I didn't take time to look. Like I say I haven't messed with it a whole lot to see what's there because it gets what I want. I tried dish with a Tailgater and wasn't happy a tall. I hope this helps.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 04:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

charwan wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

YC 1 wrote:

Read this

Here's what I get on Sat. 101. All local channels 2 thru 69. 70 to 100. The movie channels are there but my son doesn't pay for them. We get them pay channels owned by ATT my son says but I don't know what they are. Don't get CNN but who cares. Get all the channels 349,364,351,359,357,356. That's Cspan, Fox, Fox Bus. MSNBC, CNBC There is more but I didn't take time to look. Like I say I haven't messed with it a whole lot to see what's there because it gets what I want. I tried dish with a Tailgater and wasn't happy a tall. I hope this helps.

We know what's available now. The question is what will be available. when DTV stops broadcasting the SD signal in 2019. Then there are likely to be big changes. If they spread their programming across all 3 satellites (most likely scenario in my opinion) then a dome owner will only receive 1/3 of the available DTV channels.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Direct TV help
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS