cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many own 2 Travel Trailers?

D_and_A_plus_6
Explorer
Explorer
Because of health issues my in-laws are getting rid of their TT, wife and I are thinking about buying their TT. We have a large 40 ft TT and Love it, but sometimes on short times it's alot of work for just 2 night and wouldn't want to do just one day. The In-Laws TT is only 28 and would be great for close and short spur of the moment trips.
I realize it would be 2 TT to clean, winterize and maintain. I do have a shed that is large enough to keep them in when not in use and have 30 and 50 amp service already installed.

Anyone else have 2 TT they use depending what their needs are?
21 REPLIES 21

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
It's a dream of ours to have a second rig of some kind for quicker weekend trips, either a small travel trailer or a truck camper. Our Toy Hauler is 38' long and 13+ feet high so it's hard to take it a lot of places. But, when we want to take our RZR and/or camp without hookups for a week, it's great. But we can't really take it to some of the really great places here in CO and WY, it's just too big.

In an ideal world I'd have a small Airstream TT, or if we win the lottery, one of those Mercedes Airstream RVs ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
We used to have a 2005 Road Trek Class B Motorhome on a Chevy 2500 chassis with the 6.0 engine, we pulled a 24' Rainier TT with it. Used the TT when camping in the fall and winter here in the rainy NW. Roadtrek too crowded for days on end rain. However, had to sell everything after 2008.
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

Big_Love
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 26' TT and an A Frame trailer. I use the former when others go with me camping and the latter for shorter trips by myself. We occasionally use both trailers when group camping.

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
Have 25 ft travel trailer and a slide in box camper ( truck camper) for quick trips alone.or to take to weddings or house parties to aviod driving...after,I mean.
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
beemerphile1 wrote:
Had two for seven years. Bought lots of duplicate equipment but still had a lot of work switching back and forth. Ended up using one all the time while the other got ignored.

The only way I might consider doing it again was if one was semi permanent on a seasonal site.

We roofed our Bighorn 39'4" 5th wheel and left in our NW summer membership resort. We bought a new Laredo 225MK as a commuter rig to travel to our AZ park model and side trips. We have two lots in the NW park, so be have a place for it and can use it as a guest house or side trips. In AZ it is stored at a covered storage lot, and we will take it out for side trips while here for 7 months.

Surprisingly the fuel miles towing was about the same. 8K TT vs 16K 5th wheel.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

eend
Explorer
Explorer
At the moment we have 3 campers a 1977 13' Trillium (which is being refurbished) a 1971 boler (which I refurbished last winter) and a 2010 21 shadow cruiser which needs to be taken to the dump as it is garbage. I love the fiberglass trailers as they last forever.
2019 VW Tiguan
2015 F150 ecoboost
2013 Arctic Fox 22G
1971 Boler 1300

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 25 ft. Dutchmen TT, a Palomino PUP, a canoe camping dome tent and an 18th century style canvas wedge tent. Each has a specific use and purpose.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I'm pretty sure I've been doing life all wrong. I only have one camper. Ya'll that have multiples gives me something to aim for.
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think one thing to notice is that the size difference between the RVs is a lot. 22' to 36', etc. Most have a very small rig and a large rig. I think the benefits of a medium rig and a large rig are fewer - unless you have a toy hauler type for specific activities.

When you get it, you might end up wanting to trade it for a smaller TT after a few uses.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

jbjuices
Explorer
Explorer
Travel Trailer and Pop-up. Pop-up is for Friends and Family, and quick weekend trips, and the TT is like our house on wheels; huge 37' TT with all the amenities.
RV: 2018 Highland Ridge Open Range 328BHS
TV: 2017 Ford F350 Platinum
2nd RV: 2010 Jayco 1207 PUP
2nd TV: 2004 Ford Excursion V10
Me ('72), DW ('76),
DS ('02), DD ('05), DD ('08)
Yellow Lab ('14), Golden Doodle ('12), Bichon Frise ('18)

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Have more then one as well.

D_and_A_plus_6
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear that there are other that also have 2 TT. I realize its not common, but at least a few others do it.
I'll be lucky, it will be fully stocked, we're getting everything they had for their TT. So all we have to do is load our cloths and food and go. Thanks for all the feedback

ksbowman
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have two 5th wheels. One is small (19') that is for my hunting, fishing and 3d shoots. The other is for our travels and Florida in the winter. It is for when my wife is along and has all the creature comforts and slideouts.

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
We have two TTs, both are Starcraft. One is our "long trip" trailer and the other is our overnighter/weekender.
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.