cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hellwig Sway Bar - Denver area

Canonsue
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for someone to either help me install one on my 2015 F350 or a mechanic that has a reasonable charge for this. My local mechanic quotes a very expensive price for what I understand to be about a 2 hour job. I am in the Denver area. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sue
18 REPLIES 18

Canonsue
Explorer
Explorer
Thom, I just saw your post. I will call you. Thanks!

THOM_CEIJE
Explorer
Explorer
Sue, I'm going to install mine next weekend (28ish). If you want to head down to Colorado Springs area I would love to install yours too.
Maybe that Sunday.
Thom
540 907 5767

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
Call Wesley Siegfried, Mobile Mechanic, 619-895-0032. He installed some shocks for us. He did good work and his charge was reasonable. That was several years ago. So I hope the number is still good.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
While y'all are patting yourselves on the back for a job well done, the lady asked for shop reccomendations not how easy it was for YOU to install yourself.
BTW Zulu, the spare wasn't in the way for you because it looks like you installed it backwards and too low. At least according to the bigwig directions for your truck and every other rear swaybar I've seen.

OP, may try Diesel Day Dreams. Wade is a good guy and does quality work. Idk what he'd charge.

Thatโ€™s why I went with the Roadmaster swaybar, simpler installation and it sat higher.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
You're correct. My apologies.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

zulu52
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
While y'all are patting yourselves on the back for a job well done, the lady asked for shop reccomendations not how easy it was for YOU to install yourself.
BTW Zulu, the spare wasn't in the way for you because it looks like you installed it backwards and too low. At least according to the bigwig directions for your truck and every other rear swaybar I've seen.

OP, may try Diesel Day Dreams. Wade is a good guy and does quality work. Idk what he'd charge.

Grit Dog,

It is not backwards or too low.

The assembly instructions for my truck say that the bottom of the bar needs to be level with the bottom of the differential housing.
That is how it is.
You get it that way by adjusting the end links until everything is level and in place.

Here is the link to the instructions that say what to do.
Look at page 4, Item #11.
This is for Model #7270 which is for my 2015 Chevy 2500HD

https://www.carid.com/images/hellwig/suspension-systems/pdf/7270-installation-instructions.pdf

Zulu

northshore
Explorer
Explorer
No one is patting any thing, we are encouraging, and making suggestions, that is all. She did after all, also ask for some one to help her, we only suggest that the job is more simple than she may think and to give it a try, her self.
I didn't see anyone saying they did a "job well done" I did see encouragement for her to try it her self as it is a simple job.
I am providing a link of the installation of the Hellwig sway bar that shows step by step how to, and She does a great job on the installation.

F350 Rear Anti-sway bar installation
by Dan Chan
https://youtu.be/ORy7Cllz2_E

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Canonsue wrote:
GeoBoy, it is single and no I do not have a sway bar in the rear. I do have one in the front.

Sue, I would use the Roadmaster swaybar, RM-1139-173-00 with end links. It is 1 3/8โ€ diameter bar and installation looks pretty easy. Etrailer.com has this swaybar packaged with the end links, if you purchase from them make sure the bar includes the end links.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Canonsue
Explorer
Explorer
GeoBoy, it is single and no I do not have a sway bar in the rear. I do have one in the front.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Sue, does your F350 have a rear swaybar now and is it a dually?

zulu52
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Chevy 2500 HD four door, long bed, 4X4.
Northstar Arrow 8.5 camper.

I am 65 years old and I installed my Hellwig Bigwig in 2 hours by myself.
Everything fit perfectly.
The directions suggested removing the spare tire to ease installation but I didn't do it.
I didn't need to. It wasn't in the way.

I'm not a mechanic but I can followed directions. That worked.

It made a huge difference in the sway I was experiencing. I do get a rougher ride without the camper though but I can live with that.
Zulu

Canonsue
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so far for the suggestions and comments. I am open for more.

Oldtymeflyr
Explorer
Explorer
Denver Spring has been reasonable in the past.