cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mobley to Unite SIM PIN Locked

BluStem
Explorer
Explorer
Went and moved my SIM from my Mobley to my Unite and get a message that the SIM is PIN locked. Had a notice to enter a PIN.
The end of SIM swapping?
I never had this before, it just worked.
2008 Dodge 2500 Quadcab
2010 Rockwood 2304S
30 REPLIES 30

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
from HowardForums
ALL att sims come with a default SIM PIN of "1111"
the software up date uses this to lock the change the PIN and
I actually didn't have any hold time. I called 1 (800) 331-0500. When the automated voice came on and asked what it could help me with, I said, "Get a PUK code." The voice said, I can help you with a SIM card, please hold. And it transferred me to the rep who gave me the codes.

once you have the PUK, Pin Unlock Key

there are procedures to follow to unlock and protect your SIM
slightly different IF your Sim is not in the mobley and not locked

for locked sims
insert into an UNlocked att compatible phone
enter any random wrong PIN code 3 or 4 tries
NO more
it should ask you for a PUK to let you set a NEW PIN
use that menu to enter your PUK you got from ATT
set a new PIN of your choice for accessing the SIM
you can now remove the SIM and put in any device and use that new PIN you created for device access

Thanks for this post. After having changed my SIM PIN I then got a new SIM and the update locked it and I couldnโ€™t move it to my new Netgear 1120. These instructions worked perfectly.

Dab
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

timjet
Explorer
Explorer
My Mobley broke 5 months ago. I got a Netgear Unite pro and the AT&T mobley sim card has been in the unite pro since the mobley broke.
It's my understanding that a recent update to the mobley put the PIN on the mobley sim card. Since my sim card has not been in the mobley it was not updated and still works in my Unite Pro.
I'm using the Unite Pro as I write this and when I turned it on I got a message "failure to update". I will not force an update. So far so good.
Tampa Bay
'07 American Tradition Cummins ISL
'14 Honda CRV

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ah, that's it! Thanks. I won't forget the PIN so I should be good.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

MrWizard
correct
once the new PIN was, ATT no longer has access to the default pin
they can NOT change the PIN and lock your SIM
now if you need to put the SIM back in the Mobley, it will NOT get locked

you do NOT have to get the PUK
you can still ask for the PUK, in case you forget your new PIN
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Right, but it was already disabled. You had to enable the PIN, enter the 111, change it to something else and then disable it again.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
I followed those instructions and they worked on my system as well. Can someone tell me again WHY I wanted to change my PIN and then disable it again? Thanks!

You disable the PIN check so you don't have to enter the pin everytime you restart the device.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I followed those instructions and they worked on my system as well. Can someone tell me again WHY I wanted to change my PIN and then disable it again? Thanks!

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dutch_12078 wrote:

On the Netgear Unite 770s, the SIM lock code can be changed by going to "Settings", "Mobile Broadband", and clicking on "SIM Security". Click on "Activate" and enter the default lock code "1111". You'll now be able to change the code. After the change, disable SIM security again so you won't have to enter the code every time you boot up the hotspot. I don't know if the Unite Explore has the same management setup...

Thanks!!! That worked perfectly!
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

MrWizard
ok found it for the explore, thru the WiFi manager
activated it, changed it, deactivated it {i hope}

will see what happens, when i turn it on next time, tomorrow
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
Thanks. I just changed it in case they decide to do the same thing to Unite users. BTW, I could not access the Sim Security menu from the Unite itself, I had to use the attwifimanager interface. Maybe the Explore works the same way.

Dave

Yes, it's accessed using the manager function from your PC, etc.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I just changed it in case they decide to do the same thing to Unite users. BTW, I could not access the Sim Security menu from the Unite itself, I had to use the attwifimanager interface. Maybe the Explore works the same way.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
I was thinking of turning on SIM security on my Unite, changing the PIN from the default, then turning SIM security off so I wouldn't need to enter the PIN every time it turns on. Anyone done this?

Dave

I changed my SIM lock code with the SIM in my Unite, but I have not put the SIM back in the Mobley yet. I thought it a prudent move in case the Mobley was needed later on.
Dutch

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
Yes, someone In the thread I linked to, did that
But used an AT&T phone to do it
It appears that the Mobley update only changes the SIM pin, on those that have the default 1111 pin lock code
I can't do that with my Netgear explore, it does not have a SIM menu
It seems a good pre-emptive measure, in case the Mobley had to be used for some reason

On the Netgear Unite 770s, the SIM lock code can be changed by going to "Settings", "Mobile Broadband", and clicking on "SIM Security". Click on "Activate" and enter the default lock code "1111". You'll now be able to change the code. After the change, disable SIM security again so you won't have to enter the code every time you boot up the hotspot. I don't know if the Unite Explore has the same management setup...
Dutch

MrWizard
Yes, someone In the thread I linked to, did that
But used an AT&T phone to do it
It appears that the Mobley update only changes the SIM pin, on those that have the default 1111 pin lock code
I can't do that with my Netgear explore, it does not have a SIM menu
It seems a good pre-emptive measure, in case the Mobley had to be used for some reason
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s