cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps for Replacing Slide Motor

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C. I have three slides, the bedroom, Kitchen and dining/living (big slide). My big slide is not coming out. I checked the fuses on all three of the slide controllers and none are blown. I then identified which ones were which and I was able to test the 'big slide' controller by connecting one of the other slides to that controller which is fine. I then tested for voltage to the motor and that is good as well. I now know that I have a bad slide motor. Before I release the brake on the motor and remove it, should I put a couple of 2x4's up on the top of the slide (as slide locks) to prevent it from sliding out on its own either from gravity or wind until I get the new motor installed? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is a Power Gear Slideout Room System.
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose
4 REPLIES 4

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Youtube

Couldn't find a video specific to my setup but thanks anyway!
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Youtube
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
There is no need to block or brace the slide room. It will NOT move at all when you remove the motor. Doug

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
It would seem to me that you would want the slide secured before doing any work on it. Blocks, bricks or straps, whatever you need.