cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low point drain leak

mjmoch
Explorer
Explorer
Winterizing my 2006 StarCraft 21 SSO and discovered a leaking lowpoint drain. A few questions.
The leak is right at the valve. I cut the tube and re installed the valve but it still leaks. I think the tube has a very small crack from being brittle. Is there a fix for that? I don't have much tube to work with.
Will it hurt to not fix until spring?
Has anyone replaced the entire tube?
Is it a hard job?

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
2 REPLIES 2

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
RV plumbing is pretty straightforward and most hardware stores should have the tubing, valves etc. You might have to buy/rent crimping tool but that won't break the bank. The hard part is access - in my rig the plumbing lines branch out under cabinets etc and would be a major PIA to reach.
Kevin