cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back up camera and dashboard monitor

becker
Explorer
Explorer
Again I reach out to you, my RV peers..... I have a 2008 Monaco Dynasty Motorhome (42 ft)…. I have got to replace my backup camera and front dash monitor..... there are four cameras on the coach (backup camera, left & right mirror cameras, and a inside camera showing the inside of the coach.... I don't know the best way to go about this.... my questions are: A) is there a particular RV servicing shop (anywhere) that specializes in this type of maintenance.... I live in the Houston, Texas area and would like a recommendation for the best place here but can't seem to find a shop that knows much about this type of replacement.... I would like a complete (update) of all of the cameras I now have.

Have you, or do you know of anyone I may contact that has had this type of work done?

I pull a 2013 Sahara Jeep and really hate to be on the road without that backup camera.

Can anyone help?..... and I do appreciate your help.
2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42ft, 4 slides, 425hp clean air Cummins diesel
2013 Jeep Sahara 4-dr w/M&G Braking System
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2 All Terrain Towing System
3 REPLIES 3

becker
Explorer
Explorer
To Executive and SDHobo…… Thank you for the information.... I called rvcams.com and spoke to Chuck.... we discussed my problem and I am to get the brand name and model and call him back and go from there.... it sounds promising..... I'll stay in touch with you through this site and keep you up to date..... Baton Rouge, La. is 320 miles from us.
Thanks again for the information.

Becker
2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42ft, 4 slides, 425hp clean air Cummins diesel
2013 Jeep Sahara 4-dr w/M&G Braking System
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2 All Terrain Towing System

SDHobo
Explorer
Explorer
Becker, you are in luck. It turns out that the people that know ALL about Rear Cameras, Side Cameras and the required Monitors are just down the road from you. I have called them before and they are great. You can look at their web site (it is a little complex) and give them a call. Tim has forgotten more about this stuff than I'll ever learn. They are just excellent. It turns out that wiring is a bigger part of the puzzle than the big hardware.

RV Cams, Inc (225) 261-9946 www.rvcams.com/
Tim and Anita Lazaroe
8889 Sullivan Road
Suite C
Baton Rouge, LA 70818

I am working on rebuilding my cameras & monitors, so if you have any questions, send me a PM.
Good Luck
Dick
'08 Fleetwood Providence 40X
w/ 2016 Ford Fiesta SE (w/Navi) Toad
Dick and Mary
Random Kids, Grandkids and Great Grandkids

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Becker, the cameras are individual units. They, in turn are hooked to a base unit that pulls all of them together, usually through the radio system. On your coach it's most likely the Alladin System. Replacing all of that will be expensive. On a 10 year old coach I'd wonder about any advantage of 'upgrading'. Let us know what system you have. Include the radio too. I replaced the head unit to the radio in mine as it fried. Cost was about $200. That's the one that slide out and tips up when turned on. I used an audio shop in the Phoenix, Az area. That all said, is it just your back up camera that is not working? Using the monitor next to the bed, does it work there? My coach also has a manual off switch in the overhead cabinet where the TV stuff is. If you have one too, was that switch accidently hit and your system is off? BTW, the mirror cameras are about $1100/ea. ..Let us know....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG