cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help deciding on vent cover

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
I have a fantastic fan in the bedroom of my clasd c, its the only vent without a cover. I want to put a cover on it, and wouldnt mind using a fantastic fan cover, but i have seen them and they are very thin plastic and many folks say that after a year or two, they become brittle and fall apart. I have maxxair vent covers on the other two vents on the rv and they have held up very well. One is on a powered bathroom vent sort of a fantastic fan knock off, but from the website they no longer make that style vent cover. Anyways... What do you guys use to cover your fantastic fan vents?
Proud father of a US Marine
28 REPLIES 28

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
camperdave wrote:
Dusty R wrote:
I installed a MaxxAir TourboMaxx, or something like that 1200T, in out '02 Itasca bathroom, it replaced the fan that came in that mh.
We really liked it. Traded for a new mh in'15. I went to get a new 1200T, and found they are no longer available.
If anyone knows where there is a new or used one available, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks,
Dusty

If I find one, I'm buying it! I regret not pulling it off my old trailer when selling, I assumed I could just buy a new one.

Maybe we ought to see if we could build one.

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
We have Max Air 2 and it works great.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well when you "THINK" your rain sensor will work while you are away. Or heck even in the middle of the night and you wonder why the bed has a wet spot and it isn't YOU.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
suprz wrote:
Anyways... What do you guys use to cover your fantastic fan vents?
I have just left mine uncovered.
I am sure there is a purpose for the added cover but for me there is none.

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Dusty R wrote:
I installed a MaxxAir TourboMaxx, or something like that 1200T, in out '02 Itasca bathroom, it replaced the fan that came in that mh.
We really liked it. Traded for a new mh in'15. I went to get a new 1200T, and found they are no longer available.
If anyone knows where there is a new or used one available, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks,
Dusty

If I find one, I'm buying it! I regret not pulling it off my old trailer when selling, I assumed I could just buy a new one.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

If in the market physically compare the two!!!

By all means, Maxx Air and their 6 year Warranty
All their covers are constructed of high density polyethylene with maximum UV inhibitors,they cost less and last longer than the Fantastic Vent Cover

Unlike the Fantastic Vent covers that only have a 3 year Warranty, they seem not to last that long.

What does the warranty say? Material defects?

All "I" know is I have owned BOTH the Maxx Air was fine BUT the screen part was a pain. I compared the FV to the MA side by side 3.5 years ago and went with the FV even tho it was more $$$. After 3.5 years of full time use staying in PalmSprings, CA and AZ where the temps are 80-120 and SUN shines nearly every day and the rest of the year in the NW where it's sunny most days with temps 80-90 mine look great.

No doubt MA went screen less with the option for one because of FV.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:

By all means, Maxx Air and their 6 year Warranty
All their covers are constructed of high density polyethylene with maximum UV inhibitors,they cost less and last longer than the Fantastic Vent Cover

Unlike the Fantastic Vent covers that only have a 3 year Warranty, they seem not to last that long.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:

To bad it can't compete with the Maxx Air Fan Mate with Less than 5% airflow restriction.

Kinda copied FV and going screenless. But they do offer the screen. They must have seen a big loss in sales to copy FV.

Who needs a screen,the fan has one.
They didn't copy anyone they just improved their product to be better than FV,nuff said......:B
Buying A Rental Class C

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Air flow is more because of LESS restriction with the FV.

To bad it can't compete with the Maxx Air Fan Mate with Less than 5% airflow restriction.

FV says 95โ€“100 % of available air passes thru.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Kinda copied FV and going screenless. But they do offer the screen. They must have seen a big loss in sales to copy FV.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Buying A Rental Class C

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Planning wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
FantasticVent hands down is the best. They simply out flow others with a nice attaching system.

This

While I've seen the online tests too, and they do indeed out flow the others, they were a bit pricey for my taste. I went with the Maxx aire II covers which are larger than their original covers which allows you to open your vent more for more air flow. The Fantastic Covers are larger still so you can open your vent even more, thus the superior air flow. Not a big deal to me
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
I went with the Maxx Air for the fan cover,and their 6 year Warranty.

I have 4 other Maxx Air Covers on my RV that are 7 years old and show no sign of chalking or brittleness,it sits outside here in sunny So Cal.

X2 another vote for maxxaire
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"