cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever Replaced that Residential Refrigerator?

Only_True_Mosno
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2018 3721 RL Montana with a Samsung Residential Fridge that is defective and is going to be replaced under warranty. Catch is of course..how do you get it out and the new one in?

Dealer isn’t real sure either, but looks like they are planning on removing one of my large windows by my kitchen table and getting it out that way. Other option is to take off the slideout containing the fridge which doesn’t make me too comfortable.

Has anyone on here been through this before?
2018 Montana 3721RL

2018 Ford F350 Diesel

Life Comes Down to a Simple Choice...Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying...
8 REPLIES 8

Only_True_Mosno
Explorer
Explorer
Actually based on my fridge label it will go right out the door. Don’t believe the extended wareanty salesperson trying to scare you into buying the warranty.

2018 Montana 3721RL

2018 Ford F350 Diesel

Life Comes Down to a Simple Choice...Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying...

mhardin
Explorer
Explorer
Good thinking on the latch!
2013 Ford F-350, 4x4, Crew Cab, Long Box.
2001 Jayco Eagle 266 FBS.
2014 Heartland Elkridge 37 Ultimate.

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Only True Mosnowman wrote:
We have a 2018 3721 RL Montana with a Samsung Residential Fridge that is defective and is going to be replaced under warranty. Catch is of course..how do you get it out and the new one in?

Dealer isn’t real sure either, but looks like they are planning on removing one of my large windows by my kitchen table and getting it out that way. Other option is to take off the slideout containing the fridge which doesn’t make me too comfortable.

Has anyone on here been through this before?

Oh yes! Replaced my French Door Dometic with a 21 cu. ft. Samsung.

Had to remove Dining room window because fridge was 1/2 in. larger than door opening, but was the exact size to fit opening where it was going.

First thing was to install 2-6 volt batteries an a Xantrex Freedom Xi 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter. Went with the 1000 watt because the fridge is the only thing hooked to it.

Costom battery cover with vent.

You'll have to figure out a latch to keep res fridge doors shut during travel.

Here's what I did.

This screws in to threaded left door hinge hole.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
I replaced our fridge and had to remove the drivers window for access. Not a big deal actually. I used a scaffold to carry the fridge to and through the window. Doors and everything else out of course.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

jpjulian
Explorer
Explorer
Two of our neighbors at our winter park in Florida replaced an RV frig with a residential frig last winter. One had to remove a window and both had to have the frig cabinets re-built. Both installs went really well. The tech new his stuff and you cannot tell the frig installs were not factory.

Joe
2018 Mobile Suites 39DBRS3 5th wheel, 2015 Ford F350 DRW Diesel. Retired Illinois State Trooper. Kids gone. Dogs gone. We're gone!!

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
Our entrance door is only 28" wide. The Samsung comes in various sizes. Ours is the smaller 18 cu ft and its not as deep as most. It went into the rig with no problem. The doors were easily removed and then the fridge goes in sideways. Not problem at all.....at least in ours.
What model Samsung fridge do you have and what floorplan do you have. I bet with door removal it will go through the door.
Good luck.
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Take the doors off the fridge and it should fit out the door. A couple on the Grand Design Face Book page had to remove their Samsung fridge this way. Measure the fridge without the doors and measure your main door. If needed take the entire main door out, frame and all to gain a little more room.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might have to take a window out...not much fun
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper