cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV friendly gas, Fredericksburg TX

travelwithwhipp
Explorer
Explorer
We are traveling to Fredericksburg, TX from Bandera TX in a 36 foot gasser, towing a small car. I am looking for any recommendations regarding a gas station large enough to service our RV in Kerrville or Fredericksburg. We will be staying at the KOA on 290. Thanks in advance for any advice. Just to clarify, the motor home does not need mechanical service. We just need gasoline.
2003 Mountain Aire Gas
New to us Jan. 2007!
2007 Toyota Matrix Toad
7 REPLIES 7

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
eubank wrote:
I look up gas stations on Google Earth or the satellite section of Google Maps and take a look.
🙂
Lynn

Yup. Then use the "little man" icon to get a street view as well.

Those along with gas buddy for prices works very, very well.

X2

FWIW, another trick I would do is pull into the park and setup. Take the tow car into town for a meal and scope out gas stations. When it's time to leave drive the MH to the station with spouse driving the tow. As the MH is getting fueled up, I would hook up the tow. Pay the bill, and off we go.
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

travelwithwhipp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone who responded to this. It looks like we have a few good options. I will rest a little easier tonight.
2003 Mountain Aire Gas
New to us Jan. 2007!
2007 Toyota Matrix Toad

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a Sunoco/strips at the corner of 16 and Friendship lane that has good acess. looked at this one because it was across from where we stayed.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are 36' pulling a trailer and we use just about any gas station out there. Some with pumps in wrong direction we can't, but use the outside pump You can also go to most any truck stop and use the pumps on the outside row. Many Walmarts, you can pull into the Walmart lot - turn around and drive into the Murphy's gas station to an outside pump, then circle around the building and straight across back into the Walmart parking lot and park for the night. We don't find getting gas that much of a problem. We use gas buddy to find the best prices. To double check, we use googlemaps satelite and streetview to look first.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
There is a Shell station right by the Fredericksburg KOA large enough for you. I have filled my truck towing my 35’ 5er there a couple times.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
eubank wrote:
I look up gas stations on Google Earth or the satellite section of Google Maps and take a look.
🙂
Lynn

Yup. Then use the "little man" icon to get a street view as well.

Those along with gas buddy for prices works very, very well.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
🙂
Lynn