cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Coachmen Leprechaun Winterizing?

Bren53
Explorer
Explorer
Could someone with this model help me out? Is it normal to have about 11/2 inches of water left in the FW tank after water stops draining? Do I need to open the valve under the shower to drain the rest?

If anyone has a link to any info on this model would appreciate a link. They have noting in any of the papers that came with the camper!

I also would like to know how to winterize. How do you go about putting the antifreeze in this model? I don't see any place to get antifreeze into the water lines.

Thanks for any help on this.
Bren53
8 REPLIES 8

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

Mjbrad82
Explorer
Explorer
https://forestriverinc.help/#/coachmenrv/guide/2023/2848-leprechaun/search

The above link is an online Manual for 2015-present
Coachman leprechaun motorhome.

The site has many different manuals for all kinds of RVs
Forestriverinc.help

Emjayy, PA

Bren53
Explorer
Explorer
319MB is the model, sorry i'm just now getting back. I will try and get some pictures of all the valves i've been able to find! I put in a call to dealer we bought from and also to coachmen but haven't heard anything back. I did remember I videoed when they walked us through. I looked at them and found more valves under the fridge and under the shower behind panels! Not real sure who was the brain behind that but seems they could of made it easier to get to! Old folks might have a hard time with these placements! Anyways i'm thinking that I may be on the right track. I'm sure I will still have some more questions before all said and done!
Thanks everyone for helping.
Bren53

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
On my Coachmen Leprechaun 27QB the fresh water tank and pump are under the bed. There are 2 valves beside the pump that need to be pulled to drain the FW tank. There are 3 valves under the kitchen counter that need to be pulled-these are I believe the low point drain. The HWH is under the fridge. The bypass valves are there, close the 2 open ones and open the closed one. Go outside to the HWH cover and open the pressure relief valve then take out the drain plug. Then go back to the fresh water pump and unscrew the valve on the inlet side of the pump(the side the screen is on). You will need a fitting that will screw onto the pump(I had an old shower hose that screws exactly on the pump) with 2 or 3 ft of hose. Screw that onto the pump and place the hose into a jug of antifreeze. then turn the pump on, and go to each faucet and turn it on until each one(including shower and toilet) runs pink. Not too complicated. Oh, close the valves to empty the tanks before you run the antifreeze in. Gary
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

youracman
Explorer
Explorer
Update:

I just Googled up a site that speaks to winterization of 2018 Coachmen Class C's. It isn't specific enough to "stand alone" though; unfortunately, and there is nothing for a 2019. From the link below click on "Plumbing" then click on "Winterization and De-winterization"

May help some.....but not a Ton. Needs pictures or dwgs.

http://idn.tweddle.com/forestriver/manual?itemtype=UG&brand=Coachmen_RV&model=Class_C&language=EN_US&year=2018&market=US&idn_session=vfgto6tb3525lg8pkunv2q7t84

Hopefully someone out there with Bren53's exact rig will jump on this.
Ed Sievers, Denver, CO
07 WGO Outlook 31-C; '16 Kia Soul with 6spd DIY Tranny
"Be the person you needed when you were younger"

youracman
Explorer
Explorer
I note Bren53 has not "come back" yet. However, in an earlier post she said her rig is a 2019 Coachman Leprechaun 319MB if that helps.

Gotta be v e r y frustrating with winter "comin' on".

Earlier, she mentioned there were a lot of valves near the FW tank. If one of them is a 3-way to suck the pink stuff into the pump inlet (like sprint99 mentioned he had on an earlier coach & my coach has that feature) that really would simplify things. Maybe she could attach a phone pic or 2 of that area.

I know I sure wouldn't trust just anyone to winterize my rig. I have a neighbor in this retirement complex who has Camping World (his dealer) do the job on his near-new Jayco Greyhawk and his pump inlet strainer froze and broke.... 2 years in a row! ! ! !

Safe travels.............. ed s
Ed Sievers, Denver, CO
07 WGO Outlook 31-C; '16 Kia Soul with 6spd DIY Tranny
"Be the person you needed when you were younger"

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
"Dittos"-sprint99-What model? I have an '18 27qb, just finished winterizing it this afternoon. Can tell you what I did if yours is a similar model. Gary
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL

sprint99
Explorer
Explorer
What exact Model? We have a 2017 Coachmen Leprechaun 311FS, our second Leprechaun.

Agree with you that there is no information that came with our new(est) motorhome, though took the time to figure it out myself. FW tank should be fairly empty when drained. Is your MH not level or would getting it tilted to one side or the other help drain the FW tank?

I had to search out the proper valves for water heater bypass and there was an additional inline drain adjacent to the water heater. In our coach, these were under the dinette seats aligned with the water heater vent.

Our first Leprechaun had an inlet port for Winterizing. That was awesome. Newest Leprechaun did not have that so I devised a hose to attach to the inlet of the water pump that I stick in a bottle of the RV Anti-Freeze which made the job simple.

Post the exact model you have and hopefully someone can help. I didn't mind doing the "First Time" figuring it out approach though would have been willing to also ask here. Hope we/someone is able to help you out Bren53! ๐Ÿ™‚

TIP: On all of our campers and motorhomes, I took the time to label or use permanent marker on the hoses or surrounding areas of valves and drains to properly mark. "Winterize" or "Summer". Primarily I've done this to make things simpler for myself since this operation basically only done once a year and also just in case I need to have someone else winterize for me.