cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish trying to become even more customer friendly

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I had a little chat with Dish the other day and was informed that Dish is aware of the issue of having both the RV and sticks & bricks on the same zip code. So when traveling in the RV the home TV does not pick up the locals for any one left at home. They are looking for a way to over come this issue in the easiest way possible for both the client and them selves.
Looks like Dish is trying to become even more customer friendly.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson
9 REPLIES 9

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
MDKMDK wrote:
It's getting easier to stream online over wifi or data plans, than it is to connect to a cable or find a satellite provider that can accommodate/solve economically what is becoming a much more common problem for retirees and campers in general. You'd think cable/satellite providers would bend over backwards to make something work affordably for this ever expanding segment of society.
(aka us RV-ers)

As mentioned, we are actually a very tiny slice of their business. If you then subtract all the RVer's who simply move a receiver from their home to their RV (satellite companies make zero extra $$) you will understand why no satellite TV provider will ever do anything terribly special for RVers. At least DISH stepped up and made a PAYG plan available but otherwise, we are just a pimple on the butt of their businesses.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
MDKMDK wrote:
You'd think cable/satellite providers would bend over backwards to make something work affordably for this ever expanding segment of society.
(aka us RV-ers)

Why would a service provider bend over backwards for a miniscule percentage of the subscriber base? Because thats what RVr's are in the overall scheme of things to a company like Dish Network. I'd bet less than 1/10th of 1%. Perhaps you believe the industry spew promoted by the RVIA too much through the GoRving campaign, and their trumped up reality TV shows.

Dish does more at least than Direct TV when it come to use in an RV.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
I agree with Bill, the current FCC rules do not support multiple DMA's on the same account except in a few very limited circumstances.

When I was told about Dish trying to become more user friendly, the person I was talking to mentioned the FCC rules limiting the ability to support multiple locations on one account.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mostly none of the above is correct. The FCC does not care about streaming but makes rules that the OTA broadcaster must abide by. Retirees or not, streaming as your only source of TV is financially restrictive unless you live in a S&B with unlimited cable internet. No one is going to bend over anything when it's still the best option for everyone else. NO satellite TV provider will do anything special for RVers when RVers are 1/1000 of their business.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
It's getting easier to stream online over wifi or data plans, than it is to connect to a cable or find a satellite provider that can accommodate/solve economically what is becoming a much more common problem for retirees and campers in general. You'd think cable/satellite providers would bend over backwards to make something work affordably for this ever expanding segment of society.
(aka us RV-ers)
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Bill, the current FCC rules do not support multiple DMA's on the same account except in a few very limited circumstances.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
This could be quite a challenge for DISH since it would not be legal under FCC rules. It might just have been a tech trying to make you feel better.

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
its a simple fix get a diff card for the rv receiver like the flex pack on the pay as you go packages

As long as you want to pay twice.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
its a simple fix get a diff card for the rv receiver like the flex pack on the pay as you go packages