cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT seesaw slight sea sickness bounce

ktjensen
Explorer
Explorer
We get a little sea sick when we drive. the TT bounces slightly (not constant, mostly every minute or so) Do we need :

1) new shocks?
2) Air shocks?
3) Spring booster or more leaf springs?
13 REPLIES 13

intheburbs
Explorer
Explorer
When we first bought our current TV (used), our first tow was very bouncy. Lots of porpoising. A new set of 4 Bilstein 4600s cured that.
2008 Suburban 2500 3LT 3.73 4X4 "The Beast"
2013 Springdale 303BHS, 8620 lbs
2009 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali (backup TV, hot rod)
2016 Jeep JKU Sahara in Tank, 3.23 (hers)
2010 Jeep JKU Sahara in Mango Tango PC, 3.73 (his)

Jay_Coe
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the OP hasn't returned with any additional information but my Suburban has electronically controlled shocks and when one of the sensors failed, it's "default" mode was extremely bouncy. This led to a lot of porpoising when pulling the TT. So it's possible it is a shock issue.
Legal disclaimer: Trust me, I know everything!

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
ktjensen wrote:
We get a little sea sick when we drive. the TT bounces slightly (not constant, mostly every minute or so) Do we need :

1) new shocks?
2) Air shocks?

Slight bouncing might just be from road conditions, or from the fact that you're pulling a trailer. You'll never get anything to ride perfectly.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I doubt it's a time based occurrence. How much experience do you have towing? And I guess what are or were your expectations?
These 2 things could be as much an explanation as the behaviour of your rig.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Jay_Coe
Explorer
Explorer
ktjensen wrote:

1) new shocks?
2) Air shocks?

Get off the water
Legal disclaimer: Trust me, I know everything!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
you are pulling this with a 2006 Toyota Tundra?1985 TT
Might be little too much!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Had that problem when my spring bars were set up too stiff.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
I thought Lance trailers had torsion axles and therefore no shocks or leaf springs.

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Check that the tongue is level, not high.

Check your tongue weight. It should be 10-15% of the loaded trailer weight. There are lots of thread on here about how to do that.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thatโ€™s my questions also....TV is what? TT wet and loaded weight is? Do you use a WDH?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Dramamine.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Tow vehicle? Trailer? Hitch setup?
So far you have asked a question with no reasonable expectation of a fair answer.

Old_sarge
Explorer
Explorer
What are you towing and with what ? Do you have a WDH?
2002 Dodge 1500 Quad cab Long bed 5.9 eng 3.55 rearend factory tow package optional towing mirrors P265/70R17 Tires
Voyager brake controller EAZ Lift hitch. 50 gal gas tank in bed. K&N intake Flowmaster 3.5 exhaust
2002 Tahoe Wide Lite 23FB with a slide out couch. Extended
rear Frame 24" for 3500W Generac.