cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Probes outside of a holding tank

CaptR
Explorer
Explorer
While fixing Four Seasons Majestic holding tank discharge pipe separation, I found a couple probes/pads on the outside of nearby tank- think gray water. Some these pads were off the tank held by the others via connecting wires. Are these tank level sensors? Suggestions to resecure the loose ones to the outside of the tank. Figuring if they are sensors, glue would put a barrier... maybe duct tape? Thx, R
9 REPLIES 9

CaptR
Explorer
Explorer
Path1- you had to ask! I'll PM you with a list 🙂 Actually, I've done a lot considering how little time I have had to send on it.

BukHrn- wish they were there and was that; I have to make a special trip to the coach (Utah) to winterize it in the next couple weeks. These are on the side of the tanks.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are these pad on the bottom of the tank? If your rig has the Arctic package, like mine, those pads are most likely heat pad, to keep the tanks from freezing in cold weather.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Well that worked out good. Any other things wrong with the mighty majestic? My 03 sure lots of fun.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

CaptR
Explorer
Explorer
Thx for the link referrals- contacted Touchsensor's Jay Orellana 630 336-8811 (jayo@touchsensor.com)... an most excellent C Serv Rep! Offered to send, no charge, adhesive pads to resecure. He explained that air and conductive materials most impair performance of sensors and securing between tank and sensor with a correct material/adhesive is not a problem and actually advisable. The most perminate he suggested: 3M's marine 5200 careful to squeeze out air bubbles. Also interesting, he explained each sensor puts out an electric field when it detects a conductive mass disrupting the field and triggering indicating lights cumulatively. So floating "stuff" that can end up sticking on the wall of a tank even toward the top can trigger your first light regardless sensor location. As the sensor field detects mass, it lights up the next higher light indicator. This explains why so many get false readings even after the tank has been drained.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I never cared sensors that only gave you 1/3 level readings. If they had been 1/4 I think that I could have lived with that.
I've installed the See Level system in our mh. It gives read outs in percent, a much more useful system, and not hard to install your self.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
I dug around web a bit. If these are what you have, might give them a call and ask them. http://www.touchsensor.com/Integration-Solutions/Standard-Fluid-Level-Sensors

But having eturnabond around never hurts either. Also "see level" sensors look different than what I have also.
Good luck

CaptR
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like would be handy to have around anyway... just ordered some eturabond tape. Thx!

path1
Explorer
Explorer
My majestic has wires with eyelet terminals that bolt on to sensor probes, that are inside the tank. Your model maybe stick on? Seems to me eturabond tape might hold them in place. But ya, something like glue bewteen the sensor and the actual tank might have a I'll effect.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
This is the most help I can offer. It sounds from the description that you have the KIB system. This is a manual for the system.

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3330&d=1464375899

Are these pads? or do they appear to be studs with nuts on them? What I linked to may not help you, dunno.

My Winnebago View has a system with square pads on it, that are bonded to the tank, if this, I'm not sure as I do not know who made that system. Will have to look in my manuals.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.