cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2010 Jeep JKUR towed brake issue

RJL
Explorer
Explorer
We have the brake buddy system from our MH to the Jeep. I set it up as per instructions. Do the 5 air purge tests and make sure there is about the thickness (palm to back of hand) of a hand distance from the handle of the brake buddy to the seat of the Jeep. The last few trips it seems the PS front caliper starts sticking. Had the two front calipers replaced March of 17 when we dragged it down to Fla and it hung up, making the PS front rotor glow bright orange. Arrived in Fla yesterday, running errands today and again the same caliper is dragging. Let it cool as it was smoking a bit. Took it out to dinner and Walmart later today and no issues. I replaced all 4 sets of brake pads and rotors myself before we left over the last 3 months or so. What gives? Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks

Bob
2010 Damon Challenger 368, F-53 Chasis
2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon unlimited, Toad
2018 Ram 1500 4x4, Club Cab, 6.4 bed,3.92 gears, 5.7 HEMI
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body, 6.4 HEMI
2 REPLIES 2

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
It could be the rubber hose to the caliper is letting fluid go through under pressure but is blocking the back pressure after you take your foot off the brakes.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same RF caliber stick on my 2015 JKU. All 3 other calibers OK. Solution was to have the dealership investigate. They replaced the RF caliber, hose, and grind the rotor. Pads were OK. Total mileage at this time was 9970. I suspect salt air corrosion and lack of caliber sliding pin lubrication. Jeep has never been off road and is my senior citizen wife's car. Current mileage is 13500................
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner