cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Smith Mountain Lake va state park question

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
DW and i have reservations this friday and saturday night at smith mountain lake va state park. This will be our first time at this park. We are in a TT. If weather cooperates we hope to do a bit of trail walking. Any other ideas or comments, reviews on the park and campground. As always thank you for the input.
7 REPLIES 7

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we would go back for sure. Beautiful state park. Nice walking trails, boat ramp, and beach area. Rv sites graveled and level. Nice space between sites.

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Along with Merrykalia's comment also suggest you call them before leaving. I am about 60 miles SE of there and we just got power back on Monday, that area had a lot of downed trees and associated damage.
Michael was a harder hit to Va than Florence was, the ground was so wet that trees went down easily. Since crews were worried about restoring homes and commercial businesses first, the park may be a little behind on cleanup and repair.

Will do thank you for that info as well

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
Merrykalia wrote:
I have not stayed there, but you do need to look at the weather for this weekend and take the appropriate clothes and possibly an electric heater. We are a couple 100 miles away and are camping this weekend, also. They are calling for possible snow flurries on Saturday night.
Makes me glad I'm 185 mi East, we're just supposed to get rain Saturday, Lows in the Mid 40's. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you for that info. I will call tomorrow for update. As of today no freezing temps forecasted but i have already have electric blanket and electric heater in TT

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Merrykalia wrote:
I have not stayed there, but you do need to look at the weather for this weekend and take the appropriate clothes and possibly an electric heater. We are a couple 100 miles away and are camping this weekend, also. They are calling for possible snow flurries on Saturday night.
Makes me glad I'm 185 mi East, we're just supposed to get rain Saturday, Lows in the Mid 40's. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Along with Merrykalia's comment also suggest you call them before leaving. I am about 60 miles SE of there and we just got power back on Monday, that area had a lot of downed trees and associated damage.
Michael was a harder hit to Va than Florence was, the ground was so wet that trees went down easily. Since crews were worried about restoring homes and commercial businesses first, the park may be a little behind on cleanup and repair.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have never stayed there, but, it rates very well on rvparkreviews, http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/virginia/huddleston.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund