Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HWH Leveling system

FLmedic41
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,

I have a 99 Holiday Rambler with 200 series HWH hydraulic leveling system. I had issues with the motor not running while hitting the joystick the last few trips and this last time it did not work at all.

I crawled under there and noted the + connection on the back of the motor was severely corroded and loose on the back of the motor. I ordered a new one on amazon and it has a positive and negative terminal on the back. Do I just wire the positive and not worry about the negative?

Ty
2 REPLIES 2

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Does the new motor fit the manifold block? I doubt you purchased the CORRECT motor from Amazon. HWH has about 20 different motors over the years and some have been discontinued, especially a 20 year old motor. The motor you purchased is probably a BI-Directional motor, that is the reason it has a Pos and Neg terminal. HWH does not use a BI-Directional motor system. The Ground(negative) comes from the frame of the HWH pump/motor mount. But, IF that motor fits and the keyway fits the pump fitting, then YES, you must connect that Neg terminal to a chassis/frame ground for the motor to work. Doug

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What part number did you buy?
If it is the large solenoid there should be two large posts. One goes to the motor, other comes from the battery.
It could have one or two small post.
HWH solenoids

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker