cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommendation for Gen bumper platform

R_E_Baird
Explorer
Explorer
My new Jayco Eagle 30.5 has a hitch receiver and I would like to have a platform to haul my Honda 3000iS gen. Any recommendation or will I have to go to custom made?
Jackie & Roland
Jayco Pinnacle 36FBTS
2019 GMC Sierra K3500
6 REPLIES 6

sleepygeek
Explorer
Explorer
My portable Gen is 18 inch deep, the hitch hauler model is 17.5 deep. Would be a tight fit. Might have to modify it a bit.
My website
My Website
1986/87 E-350 Ford Mobile Traveler
Some Pix of progress

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Harbor Freight has this one, they used to have a nicer aluminum one too. You can't beat the price.

Hitch Hauler

Here's another one if you have an issue with dragging the rear of the coach.

ATV Rack
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

sleepygeek
Explorer
Explorer
Some good modifications going on there. I like the picture at the top, more like I would need. The side rails are useful to secure load, like gigantic tool box ! No, really looks good.
My website
My Website
1986/87 E-350 Ford Mobile Traveler
Some Pix of progress

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I have the $109.00 one from TS carry 2 2000 watt gens and have room for 4 5gal gas cans. I did cut a piece of 1/2 plywood for better support got 12,000 miles with it no problems yet.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
Harbor Freight Hitch Haul

Or for some different ideas see
Www.rvgeneratorbox.com

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Click here. Three reviews on the bottom of the page. 2 are RV related. The one who was not happy is just dumb. Can't blame the carrier or the manufacture because they used it on a low profile vehicle with a receiver hitch close to the ground.

Here's a couple photos of mine I also purchased from TSC several years ago. The sides cage is removable, and the original configuration had a caged top for it too. I've used it with the cage and without. Unfortunately, TSC supply this model any more. They now have the aluminum colored version in the above link.

Here's a couple photos with the cage removed. I built this, very heavy wood frame, to transport our 3-wheeler. FYI, this worked absolutely great. I've been wanting to build a new one out of light weight aluminum I can just rest on top of the carrier, but the wooden one is working so well, I figure...why build another one when something works!

If you have a standard receiver hitch on your camper, anything with that has the same size shank will work. Just don't over extend the weight limit of the receiver hitch on the camper, considering it's factory installed.

Any of these will work: Click here.