Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fireplace

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
COLD and Rainy here in Oklahoma.

The wife said that she'd like to have a fireplace here in the RV.

So.... I got her a "Netflix on the Laptop". The KItty likes it too....

Tim

15 REPLIES 15

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just bought this one today for the camper. Fits beautifully under the window and has a 1000 watt and a 1500 watt setting that can be run singularly or together giving you three heat settings. 1000w, 1500w, 2500w. Fireplace can be run without the heat also.

2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

FunTwoDrv
Explorer
Explorer
This is the one we use between the seats of our class C.

Gary

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
Healeyman wrote:

Tim

So - when one is boondocking but can still get cellular service - what cellular plan does one use that makes possible hour after hour of streaming video ... that a mere non-billionaire mortal can afford? ๐Ÿ˜‰
I think that would be a resident program, like a screensaver, not streamed.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
downtheroad wrote:
Like any fireplace....be careful when leaving it unattended..... Especially a "sofa" fireplace: E

Those doggone lithium batties ... good old nicads probably wouldn't do that! :B
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Like any fireplace....be careful when leaving it unattended..... Especially a "sofa" fireplace: E

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Healeyman wrote:

Tim

So - when one is boondocking but can still get cellular service - what cellular plan does one use that makes possible hour after hour of streaming video ... that a mere non-billionaire mortal can afford? ๐Ÿ˜‰
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
A few years ago I purchased a Christmas gift for a "young lady" I know.
(I am going to skip a bunch of stuff)

Well when it came time to set up Windows 10 on it I got her to enter her windows password and installed the Free Fireplace App. She heard it crackling and popping and finally looked and saw it... Her reaction was .. Well let's say it was well worth the cost and effort :).

Well the story does not end there.
She had to get up and do something elsewhere in the house. Left it running as a screen saver and when she got back her Cats were Cueled up in front of the "Fireplace"..

As I said. WELL Worth the effort
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
salem wrote:
So Tim, I assume that couch pulls out into a bed, since you're going to be sleeping on it.:B

Nope... The cat sleeps on it. We have a class C with a bed in the back.

Tim

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
We have this one at home.

It has a heater and plays fireplace "crackles".

Tim

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
My "fireplace" also plays Christmas carols.
bumpy

George3037
Explorer
Explorer
Up until today I've been driveway camping. My 2010 camper has double opposing slides in the rear and came with an electric fireplace. I've been using it every day. I keep the furnace set on 65 deg for when it gets colder at night.

That all ended today once I winterized the camper. I figured today was going to be the last 60 deg. day we have this year so it was time to winterize and close up for the season.

RV electric fireplaces are reasonably priced, readily available and fairly easy to install. So, if you have a place in the camper to put it make the wife happy and go for it.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
New 5er has the electric fireplace. Didn't think I'd ever care for it, but the camper came with it. I still don't care about the fake fire, but the heat it puts out is pretty nice. It takes the initial chill off and keeps the furnace from running so much. Now, when it gets really cold, that will prove how truly functional it is. Although, the label on it says it's designed to heat 500 square feet (approximately 22x22 feet), that I'd like to see when it's zero degrees outside.

For the OP, nice modification there! Good job!

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many have them. They are electric heaters usually 1500 watt that puts out heat along with the fake flames to look at. It is probably just a bit cozier than yours. We use an electric heater when it's chilly, so might as well be one that looks like a fire burning.

salem
Explorer
Explorer
So Tim, I assume that couch pulls out into a bed, since you're going to be sleeping on it.:B