cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sad day today

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
As I sit here this morning it is a cold,dreary and rainy day here in central Pa.

I wonder where the summer has gone? Seems just like yesterday we took our first trip of the season.

Today is the day I winterize the TT, it was 28 degrees here Thursday morning when I went to work so I guess it is time.

The season is over and all I can hope for is a short easy winter.
April hurry up and get here.:)
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion
39 REPLIES 39

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's warm indoors, and pancakes with ham and eggs. Also, the freedom to go further south is nice. All I need is to find money for 2 or 3 implants. We all have sorrow.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

Charles2222
Explorer
Explorer
Older than dirt at 77?Try 81 1/2 and still going.Will until health stops me.

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
We are starting to think about winterizing - here in Southern MD we sill haven't had a frost yet.

We are still hoping to get out 1 more time, I guess after Halloween, since it seems all the c/gs are booked for the next few weekends.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dtank wrote:
Dave H M wrote:
When you get as old as dirt, things will change and the camping season is about to begin. :B

At 77, I am older than dirt, and the camping season in So. CA still never ends!

What "things" have changed?

When I was a few? years younger, a "winter" day began with surfing at 6 AM (w/ wet suit), then a 2 hour drive for skiing or snow boarding in the local San Bernardino mountains.

Ski the afternoon session, back in the (warm) flat land by evening.

Winter camping begins: - at the many So.CA locations w/out the summer tourists, boating/fishing at the CO River (CA/AZ border), etc.

Camping year round = yes - but no more surfing or skiing... ๐Ÿ˜ž
(Although my 88 yr old neighbor still does both...gently, LOL)

๐Ÿ™‚

Your description of yourself is way too brutal!

As active as you are - and with respect to anyone your/my (I'm 76) age who are still getting out and about in an RV - a better description of themselves should probably be "older than drifting sand". ๐Ÿ˜‰
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

lfcjasp
Explorer
Explorer
This year started fabulously with camping in Central Washington State and camping in VA...then the hurricanes came. But we managed and have one more trip the last days of October. Then hunting season starts a couple weeks later and the MH becomes a hunt shack. Then...well let's see how winter shapes up.

ETA: Charleston, SC is on DH's bucket list as is Savannah, GA...and they're both south of here:)

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:
When you get as old as dirt, things will change and the camping season is about to begin. :B

At 77, I am older than dirt, and the camping season in So. CA still never ends!

What "things" have changed?

When I was a few? years younger, a "winter" day began with surfing at 6 AM (w/ wet suit), then a 2 hour drive for skiing or snow boarding in the local San Bernardino mountains.

Ski the afternoon session, back in the (warm) flat land by evening.

Winter camping begins: - at the many So.CA locations w/out the summer tourists, boating/fishing at the CO River (CA/AZ border), etc.

Camping year round = yes - but no more surfing or skiing... ๐Ÿ˜ž
(Although my 88 yr old neighbor still does both...gently, LOL)

๐Ÿ™‚

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
We had snow today with a high of 38. It is 28 right now (8:30pm) This is way to early for this. My TT is in bed for the winter but my old pop-up is ready for deer season. I use the heat to warm it up when going to bed and turn it on for 10 minutes before I get dressed in the morning. I sleep in a heavy sleeping bag with a fleece liner at night so I don't worry about cold. Opening day of deer season last year was 5 degrees at 5:00 am.
The reason I use the pop-up instead of the TT for deer hunting is because the wife says I will. I am right as long as I agree with her.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
PghBob wrote:
Snow in Western PA overnight tonight. No accumulation, ground still warm. I hate winter.

I love winter and fall. Hunting time.

Time for the land to rest to produce a bountiful crop next year.

I look forward to fall, frost, snow and a warm fire in the hearth and me in my recliner, enjoying it.

f you want perpetual summer, move south.

Me too. Heading to South Dakota Tuesday for pheasant season. Taking RV, dogs, gear for 8 who are flying in.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is sad. We were hoping for one more trip but the long range is cold, wet or both. Time to put her to bed for the winter.:Z

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:

Haha! X2
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
rrupert wrote:
Cheer up, you still have Penn State football to watch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yup sure do. btw I work in State College
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion

YUP....

Blew out the lines and added the pink stuff today.... ๐Ÿ˜ž

Itโ€™s gonna be 40 tomorrow with wind chills in the low to mid 30โ€™s
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
rrupert wrote:
Cheer up, you still have Penn State football to watch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Go Spartans!
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
We never have to winterize.

We'll be camping in the Central CA coastal area for Thanksgiving and camping/exploring in Arizona in Jan/Feb.

We even use the RV with it setting in the backyard being "stored".

Life is good here (so far). ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C