cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trip report, Part 1: Great Basin National Park

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
We spent a month (Sept. 9 to Oct. 9) roaming around the Mountain West, mostly boondocking and dry camping. I have so many photos that I have had to break up the trip into a series of posts -- it'll take me a while to finish writing the blog and editing the photos. Anyway, here is the first installment:

Great Basin National Park

Click For Full-Size Image.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."
5 REPLIES 5

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much for the pictures. We plan to stop in Great Basin on our way home next spring and I would love to read more about it and the area around it

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Only went there once. Was disappointed that longer vehicles are barred from the upper part of the park (we don't tow). One of the very few places we haven't been able to get to because of length restrictions.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Love that blue sky and starry nights! Beautiful photos. Thanks for bring back good memories.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful photos. Please keep sharing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
WE visited GBNP years ago and just stayed one day, it looks like a longer visit may be in the future plans. I think we were traveling back from Yosemite on Hwy 50 at the time. Is the quirky artwork still found along the road into the park?

Whoops, maybe not.

That's just plain stupid, I'm not super art lover but that sculpture garden was just well done. Bureaucrats run amok as usual.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper