cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Comfort Control 2 model#3314080.xxx(E4 code)

thestarfinder
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic Comfort Control 2 model#3314080.xxx(without dehumidify) has a E4 code... Breaker is good..It was working earlier today fine...
Can anyone tell me what to check or what the issue normally is??? Thanks in advance Tom P.
Exist Responsibly.........
11 REPLIES 11

thestarfinder
Explorer
Explorer
We did a reset when we got to Arizona and it is now working just fine....Thanks again for the great reply's and info it was truly a great help...Tom P.

thestarfinder
Explorer
Explorer
Update.... I will be heading to Arizona Monday from near Hershey Pa. and will fix the AC/HP unit when I get to AZ and will update then...
Getting ready to go to Az has been taking most of my time....
Just didn't want you guys to think I forgot about the fix...
Thanks Again, Tom P.

thestarfinder
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't get to check the issue yet got busy again....but will update when I do get at it...Thanks again for the great tip/info....Tom P.

thestarfinder
Explorer
Explorer
I got busy today but will check it tomorrow....I will update what I find....Tom P.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
newman fulltimer wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
newman fulltimer wrote:
your freeze sensor plug on your controller box is loose unplug it plug it back in should fix it

Wrong sensor. The code is for the AMBIENT temp sensor. What is strange is, they rarely fail and the OP states he replaced it about a year ago. He needs to check his Ambient sensor and how it plugs into the upper control board. Doug

I know the code says ambiant sensor but for some reason I have found to many times the freeze sensor fixes the issue

And it is the white wire that goes into the coil and plugs into the box in the ceiling

E5 is the freeze sensor code. I work on between 75 and 100 CCC2 and 5 button AC/HP's every year and I rarely ever have a Freeze sensor failure and VERY rarely have a Ambient sensor failure. The last time I had an Ambient sensor failure was years ago on a CCC 5 button HP. Now, what this seems to point to is a loose connection on the Board or a defective board solder connection for the Ambient sensor, because he replaced the sensor a year ago. I fail to see how the Freeze sensor connection would cause a Ambient sensor fault. Unless when you mess with the Freeze connection you are jostling the Ambient sensor connection. Doug

thestarfinder
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Guys...And yes I did replace the ambient temp sensor a year ago....
I will check both...
Tom P.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
newman fulltimer wrote:
your freeze sensor plug on your controller box is loose unplug it plug it back in should fix it

Wrong sensor. The code is for the AMBIENT temp sensor. What is strange is, they rarely fail and the OP states he replaced it about a year ago. He needs to check his Ambient sensor and how it plugs into the upper control board. Doug

I know the code says ambiant sensor but for some reason I have found to many times the freeze sensor fixes the issue

And it is the white wire that goes into the coil and plugs into the box in the ceiling

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
newman fulltimer wrote:

thestarfinder
Explorer
Explorer
I can't seem to find a diagram for my AC/Heat Pump Dometic #651816CXX1C0 15K? On line.....

thestarfinder
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for that...the controller box is on the roof unit?right....not sure what the freeze sensor looks like....
Sorry for not knowing the parts....I have already replaced the ambient temp sensor about a year ago and it was on the roof unit.
I will go on line and try to find the diagram for the unit....
Thanks again....

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer