Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Terlingua Chilli cook off

S-n-L
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all

In a little over a week from now we are heading to Terlingua for the chilli Cook off. This will be our first time attending.

There are two compitition going on at the same time, the OTICCC event and the CASI event.

I would appreciate any input or advice about attending. There seems to be a lot going on there.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart & Leslie
Stuart & Leslie Offer

2008 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45-Caspian IV, Cummins ISX 600. 2014 Jeep Cherokee limited,Cashmere. Roadmaster Sterling, SMI Airforceone. Full timing since June 1, 2014
4 REPLIES 4

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t know which one is which, but will tell you that unless you are quite young (under 25), you want to go to the one where the older folks are. It has been some time since we have been, but will tell you that the one the younger folks attend is pretty wild. The one we liked was the first one on the left as you lefave Study Butte going toward Terlingua and Lajitas.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Chili is to each ones tastes, there is no specific recipe. I prefer it with green roasted chilies, some tomato maybe potato and navy beans. Warm to firehouse 2 alarm.
Red chili is as I experienced as a teen, in 1968 in Albuquerque in a railyard migrants abode. red dried medium Hatch NM chilies sauteed with diced pork , tomato, onion, garlic and Mole, refried beans aside with tortillas. As a teen, it was a 1 firehouse alarm.
Chili is a learned taste. no recipe, Go enjoy!

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
I've been to a number of chili cook offs and was I disappointed. The way chili is judged is by color, consistency, etc. From what I could tell, taste had nothing to do with it. The winning chili's had no taste at all

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would like to join you, I love chili (or at least the Canadian version)and would like to try the Texas version. Medium hot, no three alarm fire thanks.