cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washing RV

Jerry_B
Explorer
Explorer
I have no facilities to wash my 5th Wheel at home and I generally wait until get to a campground that allows washing. What options do I have if the RV park won't permit the washing of RVs such as it appears to be the case in the Phoenix area?
Jerry B
Mobile Suites 36TK3
19 REPLIES 19

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on what 2naEagle said. We have used Wash Wax All on our 5'r since it was new. It has never had a water bath, except for rain. I can use this product even at "no wash" campgrounds. I have no connection to the product, just really like it. Initial kit it pricey but equipment lasts for years, just reorder the concentrate

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
In a CG check with the office. Often CGs with a no wash policy will permit it mid week when few others are in the CG. Seen a few self-wash places with facilities for tall vehicles. As mentioned, truck wash places.

Then there are the unusual places. We go to a family owned boatyard twice a year for self refit & wash & wax.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Jerry_B
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the good advice. I wouldn't mind doing the incremental washing with a bucket. I have a softbrush on a long telescoping pole which should do nicely.
Jerry B
Mobile Suites 36TK3

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Google Blue Beacon Truck Wash. there is an APP for your phone as well.

I have taken my Rig to BB a few times. they are Trained in RV washing.. Likewie I've had a mobile wash do it... I've also washed it myself. in fact I'm 2/3 done as I type. Last 1/3 tomorrow then it is too cold to "play" with Spray.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
You'll need to take it to one of the many commercial washing locations or use some sort of bottled spray waterless washing product. Virtually all major areas with RV gatherings in the Phoenix metro area have some sort of commercial washing available for or suitable for RV's. Some of the RV parks have coupons so make sure to ask.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Wash Wax All
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

dedmiston
I really love Blue Beacon truck washes. The wash is pretty cheap and they do a great job. That's the only place I take my 5er anymore.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a pump air pressure sprayer to prewash, then wash using a soap bucket and sponge, rinse with sprayer and towel dry in small segments. Take a break. Repeat until done.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Now that I have a 5er it may be different now, but when I had my previous TT's, I'd simply get a sponge or a soft cloth, or even paper towel, and simply wash a very small area at a time... like maybe or 3 feet, or from one window to the next, or one slide out, at a time. I'd do a little more the next day until I got completely around the camper. It might have taken a week to do it that way, but eventually the entire camper got washed.

I did this last year over a 2 week trip. Every day I did a little. No hoses, and no obvious fan-fair. Start by cleaning the outside of a window, even if you are on a ladder, then simply move a little farther. The secret is not to draw attention, and not to drag out hoses. Wipe the soap water on. Wipe the soap water off, move a few more feet and repeat. Let no water drop on the ground, and you can do it this way.

Now, my new 5er is so tall, I'll need a fire truck with the extension ladder to reach the top. So, I think my days of doing it this way are over.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Have it washed just before parking. Then you'll only need to take a bucket and rag and wipe down the dust as far as you can reach. In the desert they don't want you running water with a hose. A bucket and rag was never frowned on as far as we could tell.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
While heading south during the winter one year, I asked at an overnight stop if I could rinse the road salt off the coach and toad. The young fellow at the desk said I could, but there was a $5 fee which I paid. While I was working on the coach, the park owner came by and asked me if had checked with the office for permission. I said I had, and had paid the $5 fee. He asked me who was at the desk, and I described the young fellow. He laughed and said he'd be right back. A few minutes later he came back with the young fellow in tow, and the kid sheepishly handed me $5 and mumbled an apology. Turned out he's the owner's son and there's no fee to wash the rig. They just like to know about it so they don't have too many doing it at the same time putting extra stress on the water system. I wonder how many others the kid had suckered with the bogus fee... ๐Ÿ™‚
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Many parks have no washing policy. I have ask them if they would allow a person to do a โ€œbucket washโ€. If RV is not too bad that works fine for me. Have also had two parks with no wash policy, and when asked said I could wash it and rinse it off with a hose as long as I had a shut on the hose.and didnโ€™t just let water run . Sometimes it just pays to ask.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Self service or truck wash. Most truck stops offer wash service.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Or Google mobile car wash in your area that include RVs.