cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sattelite app

Wanderer26
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone suggest any apps on iphone that gives the position of the sattelites in the sky. Someone toldme about one about a year ago but it wasn’t very good.
12 REPLIES 12

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
You're repeating yourself, John... 😉
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well there is this little known company called Winegard... THey make antennas. Both OTA and Satellite.

TUrns out they have an APP (At least for Android) .. And it is very good. (As one would suspect) has Augmented Reality (That's what that "AR" icon means) so you can "See" where the satellite (or TV station) is. I mean I use it for OTA all the time.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

emiddleb
Explorer
Explorer
With all these apps, one thing to first check is that your phone compass is accurate. Sometimes it's necessary to recalibrate your compass. The sat locations are all calculated from your location and magnetic North, and if your compass is off, so are the sat locations. Got bit by this once, and now I check each time before I use an app to make sure my phone is showing a proper N.
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since WINEGARD makes Antennas. they alaso make a very fine app for your phone. Not only will it do Satelites with augmented reality. but it does Television stations (OTA) the same way.

For satellite it will open the camera and lay a cross hair. hou turn (Pan) till you see one of the "hairs" and TILT to see the other and if are targeting trees. BAD SPOT
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
I really appreciate the new Winegard app that is suggested. I have dishpointer pro and have used it for a long time but the Winegard app is a real treat to use. The over the air channels are a great feature.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

Wanderer26
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for your responce. Safe travels.

trb46
Explorer
Explorer
I use SatFinder Lite. Works for me.
2011 Four Winds 23A
Only 48 more states to visit!

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dutch_12078 wrote:
I've found Winegard's free "TV Signal Finder" app to be an equal to DishPointer Pro, plus it also has an OTA tower locator feature.

http://www.winegard.com/apps/tv-signal-finder

Good on you!, nice find. Thanks.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I've found Winegard's free "TV Signal Finder" app to be an equal to DishPointer Pro, plus it also has an OTA tower locator feature.

http://www.winegard.com/apps/tv-signal-finder
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Remember you need a clear view of the southern sky. Any app will only snow you via the camera where thst might be.

Wanderer26
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128, thanks for quick responce. I appreciate it. Trying to set up mobile playmaker in my fiver but can’t get signal.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Dish pointer pro