cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

S.C. to Houston

terrytrailertra
Explorer
Explorer
I may attend a conference in Houston this summer. We are thinking of making a trip out of it. We could probably do 2-3 weeks. I am looking for 1. Recommended routes with stops/sites on the way out/back. 2. Where to stay while in Houston. We would like something that is convenient to downtown, has a shuttle to downtown, or is on a public transit route 3. Things to do in Houston and 4. Are there places nearby that we should not miss being that close to them? It would be the 4 of us (2 of which are teenagers ??). Thanks in advance!
17 Keystone Sprinter
'17 Dodge Ram
DH, DD-15, DS-12, and Me (Mom)
3 REPLIES 3

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on your interests, and the teenagers'. If you're an urban type, there are very good museums. You may enjoy just walking the downtown area. Should be able to find a concert you like. Go to the opera, or classical music. Find a concert that will allow the teens...maybe Redneck Country Club or similar.
You could hire a fishing guide for Galveston Bay or go on a hog hunt. Endless possibilities. I've been here all my life...always something to do.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

TxTwoSome
Explorer
Explorer
If I were you I would avoid I-10 THRU Louisiana that is one bone jarring ride. If you are going to be close to Mobile Alabama on the way I would recommend Bellingrath Gardens just outside Mobile.

In Houston you might like San Jacinto Battleground and Monument, There is also the Battleship Texas at the Monument also.

There is a free ferry in Galveston you can take to Boliver Peninsula and back sometimes you see the dolphins.

If you like to Fish further down the Boliver Peninsula is Roll Over Pass some of the best bank fishing in Texas.

Also in Galveston is the Historic Strand and the tall ship Alisha.
Bruce & Cindy (Chihuahua's Rambo & Chuy)
2016 Jayco 23RLSW
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Blue Ox SwayPro

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Things to do:
Space Center Houston
Kemah Boardwalk
To the south is:
Galveston
Moody Gardens