cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT roof antena, cable question

rickhise
Explorer
Explorer
Tv hook up : On the inside of the TT behind the face plate I disconnected a splitter

Added a new face plate and connected the feed which was from the rear of the tt where I connect my dish satalyte to. That works as it should.

My question is shouldn't one of the cable s in this same area be from the roof antenna ?

Hoping I can install another faceplate with a connector to use the roof mounted antenna?

Your thoughts
3 REPLIES 3

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Many RV antennas have a preamp in the antenna head and need power sent up the coax cable. If the original wall plate looks like this:

You should use it. The original wall plate has a power injector in it and you need to connect the TV antenna coax to it. The button on the plate switches between antenna and cable TV. The button must be in the 'On' position (LED lit) to receive a signal from the TV antenna.

Once you have your cables figured out, you can opt for the Sensar Pro.

It aids in positioning your antenna (assuming it rotates) and it has an additional adjustable amplifier which allows you to increase or decrease gain.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

rickhise
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. This looks like direction I can follow.
So nice of you to help an take the time

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Instead of installing a faceplate pop in a Sensar PRO..
On the sensar pro all the cables are labeled (They are cables behind it for assorted reasons)

YES one of the cables should go to the roof. YOu are gonna have a bit of fun identifying it if you do not already knwo or remember

Looking at the wall plate from the rear.. With teh 12 volt outlet at the TOP the cables are ANT (teh one you are looking for) CABLE (The one you run to your sat receiver) and TV-2 (The remote TV)

IF your Sat Receiver has coax TO TV hook that to the CABLE cable on the Sensar Pro.
ANT goes to the roof (I will give you a course in cable iD shortly)

TV-1 and TV-2 go to televisions, does not really matter which.

Cable ID

Go to the antenna and DISCONNECT the cable from the head.

IF YOU HAVE A PARTNER.. take an ohmmeter to the roof. hook between wire and the sleeve wher ethe nut connects. Careful not to short. Should show OPEN CIRCUIT.

Have partner short the connector inside and it should go to near zero if you have the right cable.. "Blink" the short a few times the meter should track

NO PARTNER

Well then short the top and look for the shorted cable below If you only have one.. Remove short to verify if short goes away re-connect and label "ANTENNA".

OH. Sensar PRO operation
OFF Push top button till all lights go out) Selects CABLE IN (or as I advised above Sat if it has RF out . NOTE If it does not have RF out then leave Cable not-connected)

Any other position (With any led lit) is ON (Rooftop antenna)
Top LED is "Search" it finds the strongest carrier displays the carrier channel number below and strength above You can rotate to peak
NExt spot the two bottom buttons (UP/DOwn) let you page through the carriers it found
Next you get to manually specify a carrier.
next is GAIN
Next is VOLUME (It has a Beeper like those sat finders or a sat receiver in AIM) and Then we are back to OFF. Top button changes mode.

My setup.... (Different than above)
Sensar Pro feeds a pair of DIgital TV converters which feed an old analog DVR (2 one for each) via A/V in.. Park cable feeds the ANT in on the DVR's so they can record off Cable or OTA.. if I had a Sat receiver.. well the DVR's have two A/V in so I'd be able to do that. A Computer process electronic program guides and serves 'em up and based on the "Channel number" the DVR"s choose ANT or AV/1 or AV/2 so they can record off all 3 sources without me needing to touch anything but the "RECORD" button..

OH the computer lets me do that from my Laptop as well.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times