cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lake Nottely RV Park, Blairsville GA

jim1521
Explorer
Explorer
In a previous post, I asked about finding "Our Ideal Campground".https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29489099/gotomsg/29504116.cfm#29504116

Our experience at LNRVP was fantastic. It turned out to be everything my wife and I had hoped it would be. The site we picked out was very close to the Pavilion, which offered washer and dryer service at very reasonable pricing ($1.50 per washer and dryer). The Pavilion is also the bath house and restrooms. The Pavilion is open air and screened in with plenty of tables and chairs. There is a small library with enough books to read you through the whole season.

The park is run by a wonderful man named Logan. Logan was very accommodating and does as much as possible to help whenever he can. He's also a nice guy.

My wife and I have both a 24' pontoon boat and a Sea-Doo PWC. LNRVP has a dock that you can use (for a fee) that you can keep your vessels in a wet slip if you like. The dock while not new, is certainly useable. It is a floating dock that is tethered to the shore, so it will rock some when you walk out onto it, but there are handrails to it's not a big deal.

The most valued possession of LNRVP is the neighbors. I cannot begin to describe how nice everybody was. The day we showed up we had people coming up to us introducing themselves and offering to help us get settled in. We were honestly taken aback by the hospitality. As we learned who our neighbors were, we discovered that most of them were repeat campers - in some cases returning every year for 20+ years! Pretty much everyone here has been returning for 5+ years.

Our site had an outdoor deck that was built some years ago by a previous camper. It was in a little disrepair (needed a good cleaning, a board or two needed to be flipped over/replaced, and a fresh coat of stain), but it was looking new in no time.

My wife asked if it was OK for us to make a couple of small flower beds (6'x6'), and Logan said "no problem", so she proceeded to landscape the site, while I build a small fence made of pavers around the beds.

We also wanted to build a fire pit, so again checked with Logan and the owners of LNRVP and were given approval, so we built this firepat that doubles as a flower bed:

Each Saturday afternoon there was a Happy Hour at the Pavilion. We went to a couple of them, but it really wasn't very well attended. A couple of the neighbors then decided to rotate Happy Hour around the park, with a different camper hosting the party. MAN, DID THAT TAKE OFF! Everybody was attending these parties! We had some GREAT parties. That was where you really got to know your neighbors, and just how wonderful they are.

The location of the park is also great. We are about a half-mile from a WalMart SuperCenter, and there is a Home Depot within 5 miles. There is a beautiful Ingles supermarket in town as well. In short, pretty much everything you need is close by.

The only drawback for us (and it has nothing to do with LNRVP) is that fact that the nearest Costco is about a two hour drive. We get all our prescriptions filled at Costco, so while it's an inconvenience, it also gives us an excuse to make a "Costco run". When we first arrived, I went down to the WalMart and bought a small refrigerator and also a chest freezer and placed them outside (they're visible in the background of the fire pit photo). This allowed us to keep all our drinks cold outside, and also to load up on meat, poultry, etc. and keep it in the freezer. BEST IDEA WE HAD!

We are so happy with LNRVP that we have decided that we are going back home to Ft. Myers, FL and put the condo up for sale. We will order a 2019 Riverstone 39FK and have it delivered right here to LNRVP where we will leave it in place. The 2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS that we have now will go to Florida, and we'll keep it at Port St. Joe, where we'll winter. The plan is to do six months in PSJ, and six months at LNRVP.

A big thank you to member ivylog, his wife Sandy, and of course Logan for getting us connected with LNRVP and making us feel so welcome.
1 REPLY 1

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jim, thanks for the nice followup report on your first season with us...WOW, really nice of you. When you posted 11 months ago what you were looking for I felt we would meet most of what you were looking for. We are blessed with a high percentage of really nice campers...one of the reasons I decided to build LNRV Park.com :W

Over the years quite a few of our campers have decided to build a home and become residents of Union County as it is a really nice area with a lot going for it. I had no idea you were doing this and I may owe you more than just lunch. Thank You. Dick

PS: If you pm me your picture links Iโ€™ll try and post them.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...