cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best 2019 Models for Dinghy Towing

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a link to the 2019 towables yet?
are there any that we do NOT have to wire the towvehicle to the 12 volt in the motorhome, like having to disconnect the battery but still need 12 volts for the brakebuddy.
thanks all
2006 Itasca sunova 29r
9 REPLIES 9

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
thanks everyone
2006 Itasca sunova 29r

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Use the 2018 guides and find a vehicle that meets your needs. Then research the 2019 online or go read the manual at a dealer. And make sure that the base plate and aux brake are available for the 2019. Then do a lot of research for problems that aren't documented by the mfg but have since occurred. If the Brake Buddy power is a issue consider other aux brakes.

I would not want any vehicle that requires disconnecting the battery. But what is your resistance to installing a charge line?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Y-Guy
anon125 wrote:
thanks. Y-Guy
anyone with a 2018 with auto ?

Check out www.wranglerforum.com they have a whole section about the JL model.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, they sound too heavy for our old MH
2006 Itasca sunova 29r

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ford Fusion/MKZ PHEV & FHEV along with CMax PHEV & FHEV

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
thanks. Y-Guy
anyone with a 2018 with auto ?
2006 Itasca sunova 29r

Y-Guy
The early production 2012's had some issues with the new Pentastar engine. The 2007-2011 were not speed demons, the minivan engine and transmission were solid but not fast. I've got a 2011, and it's just fine as I'm not in a rush in life.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
Get a Jeep Wrangler 4WD (automatic if you need that). No need for a lifeline from the mothership, No need to disconnect battery, No need to leave key in toad. Mine (2015 2DR Sahara) has a 12v plug in the console between the seats that is powered all the time. I know you asked about 2019, but I doubt it has changed. I opted for used (bought it in September) as it was in pristine condition, and way less expensive than new, but still pricey. Wranglers seem to hold value.

thanks
some jeeps have a terrible reliability record. which ones should i avoid?
2006 Itasca sunova 29r

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a Jeep Wrangler 4WD (automatic if you need that). No need for a lifeline from the mothership, No need to disconnect battery, No need to leave key in toad. Mine (2015 2DR Sahara) has a 12v plug in the console between the seats that is powered all the time. I know you asked about 2019, but I doubt it has changed. I opted for used (bought it in September) as it was in pristine condition, and way less expensive than new, but still pricey. Wranglers seem to hold value.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT