cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer issues

Michealbraunste
Explorer
Explorer
My family & I travel around the country every summer time. For our journey, I usually give a good check on the trailer and before we hit the road. The first stop we planned was a bit far we decided to stop in the service station to get some rest or a quick nap that can get a refreshing feeling. After a couple of stops, I got really uncomfortable with the trailer balance I did feel like it is leaning towards one side and it got much problematic on the road, so I stopped the van and check out the tires and, I can smell burning rubber the tires. So I thought it can be a sign of misalignment. I don't know what to do? what can be the problems? I have recently purchased stuff some parts from ***Link Removed***, do new parts properly fixed can be the problem? It's just completely ruined my trip.
17 REPLIES 17

Admin
Nope

The software does not allow hot links for a number of posts (I forget how many :E) for new members in order to control spam.
I could be wrong but I try to give the members the benefit of doubt.

Hummmm!

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

shelbyfv
Explorer
Explorer
K_and_I wrote:
Maybe I'm too suspicious, but the posting of a website twice in this thread (once already removed) makes me wonder if this is really an rv'er with a problem or someone promoting a website.
Yep, spammer.

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
K_and_I wrote:
Maybe I'm too suspicious, but the posting of a website twice in this thread (once already removed) makes me wonder if this is really an rv'er with a problem or someone promoting a website.
Maybe a good call. He did start another thread mentioning the same RV parts seller. And added another (un-anchored) link to the same seller in that thread. His English isn't very good, although he may speak French-Canadian natively. He's also misspelled his own name ("Micheal", which is an extremely uncommon spelling). So, perhaps Chinese or Indian.

Based on all of that, I'd be up for advising people to avoid the mentioned Canadian RV parts seller - let their attempt at evil marketing (on a competitor's website, no less) bite them in the backside.

Admin
The software does not allow hot links for a number of posts (I forget how many :E) for new members in order to control spam.

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
K_and_I wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
You need to repair this immediately. It would be unsafe to continue without repairing first. You could cause a fatal accident.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Michealbraunstein wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
Sounds like you broke a spring.
what can i do in such kind of situations? Is the option of buying some parts from trailer parts online site is applicable-https://rvpartshop.ca/category/55-camping-and-lifestyle

Springs are available at larger farm supply stores, truck and trailer shops and many places other than RV stores. The springs and axles are common items used on a large variety of equipment.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Could be worn wheel bearing. Whenever you stop you should always place your hand on the bearing hubs to get to know normal verses too warm or too hot. Hands on is good for the rest of the wheel and tire temperatures too. Always try to buy a double axle trailer it's much safer smarter in the long run.

Michealbraunste
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Sounds like you broke a spring.
what can i do in such kind of situations? Is the option of buying some parts from trailer parts online site is applicable-https://rvpartshop.ca/category/55-camping-and-lifestyle

Michealbraunste
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Looking at and touching the tires will give you more information.

Cheers brother.

Michealbraunste
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Look!
Alignment issues will become very apparent on the tires. There are lots of pictures online of the various alignment issues.
Check the springs. Do you have a broken spring? Is a tire, on the low side, rubbing on the trailers floor?
If your not capable, or understand what your looking for, call a mobile tech and pay him to look for the problem.

Yeah I heard a sound of Wheels rubbing on trailer floor.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Probably tires separated without leaking. I had 3 out of 4 do that on one trip. Two were rubbing each other. Limped to a tire shop and upgraded all four.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Is it summertime in Canada?
This sounds like it just happened yesterday!
Broke spring, busted U bolt, bent axle? Noone can even begin to guess with what little description you've provided.
I'll second the response to look at your trailer. If it drove fine then suddenly didn't then the problem will typically be quite obvious.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold